PDA

View Full Version : Nfl GU Football Help

COWBOYS4EVR
04-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Picked Up A Gu Chargers Football, Coa From Jo An Chargers
States Its From The 10/2011 Game Vs Jets.
I Tried To Photo Match Or Somewhat Match From That Game
But No Luck. It Has The Bca Ribbon And The L Under The Bca Sheild For Ref Stamp.
Most Of The Pics, If Not All Show That Chargers Didnt Use A Bca Ball For That Game.
I Looked At The Pics For The Game Before Which Was Against The Broncos, An Have Found Numerous Pics Showing The Ball With The L Under The Bca Shield.
Now With Jo Gone, Is There Any Way To Get This Fixed????

RaiderNationPDX
04-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Check Getty Image #131005185, "Wide Receiver Richard Goodman #15 of the San Diego Chargers has a long gain against the New York Jets." Shows a BCA ball in use by the Chargers during that game.

As to getting anything "fixed" by JO, basically not an option. They're long gone, and their COAs - pardon the cliche - aren't worth much beyond the paper they're printed on (and yes, I have several of them). Even if they were still around, all they'd likely do is point to the team letter as provenance enough.

Speaking personally, after many, many hours invested, conclusively photomatching a football to pics from a game - even high-res - is an ordeal. Of the dozen-plus balls I have, there are maybe two that are tentatively matched. Nothing I'd call "beyond a doubt." Best of luck, though!

COWBOYS4EVR
04-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Thank you. I did see that pic. But from the stats in other sites, it seems to be from a kick or punt return. That would make it a Jets BCA ball, also the
ref marking is from Gene Steratore. He did not ref the jets / chargers game,
he referee'd the broncos / chargers game the week before.
Thanks for the help thou.

Ps.
Raidersnation, I have a Raiders sideline players parka I'm looking
to sell or trade. I'm looking for GU footballs or cash. LMK