PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and 2014 Final Four review

jlog3000
04-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Greetings everyone. I'm recently a new member in this wonderful forums. I'm from Puerto Rico, but was born in New York. My interests are simply admiring game-worn jerseys and making fan-based concept jersey designs.

Anyways, how about those UConn Huskies and Kentucky Wildcats? In the past, both of these schools are some of the most prestigious powerhouses within men's basketball in the NCAA D-I level. Here's a review:

UConn has 3 national titles in 4 Final Four appearances (not including tomorrow's yet), with the 2008-09 season of either not advancing to the title game and/or making to title game, but on the losing end.

Kentucky has 8 national titles in 11 national title games in 15 Final Four appearances (not including tomorrow's yet).

This time, both are playing for the national title game tomorrow under the role of upset busters, not as powerhouses. Many people expect to see Wichita State, Michigan State, Florida, Virginia, Syracuse and Louisville to be in the Final Four.

Lemme know your thoughts.

xsentrixsupra
04-06-2014, 01:38 PM
I think Kentucky as pre-season #1 and with all the NBA talent they have on their teams, its hard to call them underdogs. Yeah they faltered early and didn't do so hot at times, but everyone knew that team had more talent than anyone.

UConn was surprising though. I don't think anyone could have predicted that beyond maybe UConn homers and the player's parents :)