PDA

View Full Version : Jeter in stadium signing

DJaeger22
04-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Anybody who has been to a Yankee game on the road this season, how has Jeter's signing been?

sportsnbikes
04-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I am hoping it is like Mariano and Ripken were. They did it up big!!!!!

rudyjj18
04-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Was just thinking the same thing. I know chipper was always really good about signing on get away day. I'm not a jeter/Yankee fan but he is an all time great so I'd like to get his auto in Milwaukee in a couple weeks.

Anyone gotten him to sign on the road? Hotel? Stadium?

sox83cubs84
04-20-2014, 09:19 PM
I haven't gone to get Yankees autographs for a year or so, but, when I did, Jeter (and almost any other star Yankee except for Mariano Rivera) avoided signing like the plague here. River didn't sign by the dugout, but he would have fans toss him their baseballs in the outfield, which he would sign and return. The last trip I was at, one frustrated collector stage-whispered to the rest of us (apparently hoping some Yankees would hear him), "Hey, why should they sign for the fans for free when Steiner will pay them to do it?"
I had a hard time disagreeing with his comments.

Dave Miedema

ChiBosox05
04-28-2014, 08:01 PM
As far as Jeter goes, I have never seen him sign...except maybe 1 or 2 for people he knew. It has been the case for 14 years at Comiskey. I don't see it changing this season, but if it does I'll definitely let you guys know.

Mariano signed for almost a half hour last year along the outfield, with me having second thoughts since I was close to the dugout. Guess what...10 minutes later I ran towards the right field wall and 2 fans were generous enough to let me squeeze in and all of us got him.

The only yanks I saw sign were Mo, Granderson, Girardi, and A-rod...yes A-rod.

Griffey24fan
05-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Jeter signed twice in Tampa inside the stadium after throwing.

Friday he came over to sign but there was pushing and shoving so he stopped, then signed on Sunday for about 40-50 after throwing.

Good luck if you try for him

ChiBosox05
05-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh cool. Thanks for the 411. Was he in the outfield signing or near home plate?

sox83cubs84
05-03-2014, 07:53 PM
The only yanks I saw sign were Mo, Granderson, Girardi, and A-rod...yes A-rod.

I've seen A-Rod sign a few time at both Chicago parks (he was at Wrigley Field when the Rangers played the Cubs there). When I've seen him sign, though, he almost always picks and chooses and makes sure only kids get his autograph. I also saw him at Game 7 of the NLCS at Wrigley. He was there to watch the game as a fan, had a wife/girlfriend/date with him, and was sociable for conversation with everyone but, being personal time, understandably didn't sign for anyone.

Dave Miedema

ChiBosox05
05-04-2014, 03:38 PM
I used to always see ARod sign at least once during each series. Jeter...in 14 years 0. Maybe my luck will change this year...but it's very wishful thinking.:D

sox83cubs84
05-26-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm curious to hear from Chicago-based autograph seekers...did the Yankees' deity of 2014 (Jeter) sign at either Chicago ballpark during the 6 game the Yanks played in Chicago this past week?

Dave Miedema

ChiGuy1
05-26-2014, 06:21 PM
There was a picture posted by MLB of Jeter signing I believe Friday night vs the Sox. http://instagram.com/p/oW8kStQ4vh/

ChiBosox05
05-27-2014, 11:06 AM
That's cool. I had tickets for 2 games at Comiskey, but got too lazy to go. I'm wondering how many sigs he signed throughout his week in Chicago.

OaklandAsFan
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
darn didn't see this thread before I posted my own. is he signing much during the Yankees visits this year?