X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtime59
    • Nov 2005

A request

Good morning, everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone had access to a box score--with player uniform numbers--from the Orioles vs Cuba exhibition game played in Havana in March 1999. Barring that, I was looking for photographs of Willis Otanez, who played 3B for the Orioles in that game.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Mark Sutton
    bigtime39@aol.com
    Mark
    msutton59@gmail.com
  • Kid4hof03
    • Nov 2005

Re: A request

Mark,
    This link should be it:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Abe

Comment

• bigtime59
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kid4hof03
      Mark,
      This link should be it:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Abe
      Abe:
      Thanks. I've seen that site before. I really need something that will indicate Otanez' jersey number for that game.
      Mark
      Mark
      msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• Kid4hof03
        • Nov 2005

Mark,
        Sorry, I didn't read close enough before posting the reply.

The Baseball Almanac lists him as wearing #24 on opening day, April 5th, is there reason to believe that he changed his number between the exhibition and opening day?

Abe

Comment

• ironmanfan
          • Sep 2005

Mark, I'm not sure of this helps, but through an Orioles source (not Jeremy Ferfel..lol) I was able to obtain the locker nameplates from Spring Training 1999 (Ripken, Murray, Clark, etc.) and the Otanez nameplate among the group has him wearing uniform # 1...........

Comment

• bigtime59
            • Nov 2005

That's what I was hoping...I have a #1 Otanez Orioles 1999 road jersey that I have been trying to confirm (as much as it could be) as the Cuba Game jersey...
            Thanks!

Mark
            bigtime39@aol.com
            Mark
            msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

Mark: If the Otanez nameplate would enhance your collection at all, just e-mail me your mailing address & its yours!

Happy Holidays!

Bill

whhp72@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...