PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Dallas Cowboys #15 Manuel Johnson game used photomatched helmet

scottishcowboy41
04-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Here we have for sale my 2010 Manuel Johnson game used Dallas Cowboys helmet. Oklahoma Sooner wide receiver Manuel Johnson was drafted by the Cowboys in 2009 and he spent all of that season on the practice squad. He played in all of the preseason games in 2010 and spent most of the regular season on the practice squad. He was signed to the active roster towards the end of the 2010 regular season, playing against the Redskins on the 19th December 2010 and Eagles on the 2nd of January 2011. Johnson was eventually cut by the Cowboys in September 2011.

Johnson wore this helmet in all of the games he played in 2010. His 2009 helmet and 2011 helmet were different. I have photomatched this helmet to the 2010 games using the extra set of holes drilled above the high mounts for the chinstrap. Also the unique cuts across the ends of the chin strap, where it's screwed onto the helmet for the high mount chin strap match this helmet to the 2010 games.

The helmet in question is a size large Riddell VSR4 with a Schutt facemask and a logo-less Adams 4-point highmount chinstrap. The helmet shell, facemask, padding and chinstrap show game use. The "15 JOHNSON" dymo strip is present on the rear of the white stripe of the helmet. The white center stripe is double layered most of the way round, as is very common with Cowboys game helmets.

With the padding removed, on the inside of the helmet there are lots of marker pen markings, showing this helmet has been heavily recycled through various players by the Cowboys equipment staff. There is a "#10" which has been written over a faded "#21" in marker pen. There is also a Dallas Cowboys barcode decal and also a Prova Group decal on there too. With the Prova website still down and not fully operational yet, frustratingly I cannot tell who has previously worn this helmet before Johnson. There are various other numbers written in marker pen and residue of removed decals inside the helmet too, but I don't know what they mean. There is also a Riddell reconditioning decal on the inside too.

I have 4 large high-def game images on file to photomatch the helmet. These are from the Bengals and Dolphins preseason games and the Eagles regular season game. These full size images can be emailed to anyone interested in the helmet. I can also email full size images of the helmet too, as the photo's I have uploaded onto GUU are reduced in size, as per the forum rules.

I purchased the helmet directly from a contact in the Dallas area, who bought it from a Cowboys tent sale a few years ago.

I am looking for $450 or nearest sensible offer for the helmet. This price INCLUDES tracked shipping. I live over in the United Kingdom, so tracked shipping is going to cost me $85 approximately. The well-packaged helmet should take around a 7-10 days to arrive in the United States. I will mark the item as a low value "gift" on the Customs paperwork to avoid the buyer incurring any import charges at all. Payment will be via Paypal in US Dollars.

I have quite a few photo's, so as I can upload only 10 at a time, I will upload the rest in a few following posts.

If you are interested, please post your email address and I will contact you asap.

scottishcowboy41
04-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Some more photo's.

scottishcowboy41
04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Last lot of photo's.

scottishcowboy41
04-17-2014, 04:16 PM
While I have many Cowboys game used jerseys, I only have one Cowboys game used helmet as I only have room to display one properly. I have been offered another helmet, so this Manuel Johnson helmet needs sold to make room and help with the funds to pay for it. I will accept $350 including tracked shipping.

scottishcowboy41
04-23-2014, 06:03 AM
The helmet is now sold.