PDA

View Full Version : Miami Hurricanes George Foreman helmet on ebay

genius
04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
been watching this helmet, I've become more interested in vintage helmets as they seem really difficult to source with many issues regarding whether facemasks, clips, etc are original, and they seem even harder to photo match. This one has been on ebay forever and I'm surprised it's been sitting. For a Miami Hurricanes collector, seems like you could hardly find another one, yet alone a better one. Am I missing something? Price unreasonable, questions on the helmet, etc? Maybe there just aren't many collectors from The U? Just curious more than anything else, if this was a team or player I was interested I'm sure I would have tried to scrape up the cash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miami-Hurricanes-1972-Game-Worn-Used-Football-helmet-Chuck-Foreman-Vikings-/281320201842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417ffd9e72

tom1315
04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
The owner/seller posts on here - Jim aka 'cohibassmoker'…the handle may not be correct but it is close - posted it here awhile back. Looks good to me but I'm more of a current game collector than the older lids. I did purchase a Ga Tech suspension helmet he had on here and then eBay. I purchased it due to I wanted one suspension helmet in my ACC collection. I did my homework…asked questions and bought it - no regrets.

I like the current "U" helmet yet been more focused on the NFL part of my collection and not looked to seriously at it.

Those older gamers are truly tough to fine. In the picture below the one on the far right is the one I'm referencing.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

helmets
04-28-2014, 04:15 PM
George Foreman played football?

yosef777
04-29-2014, 04:05 PM
I think Genius is confusing George (the boxer) with Chuck Foreman (U of Miami alum and former Minnesota Viking).
In any regard I agree with Genius in that this helmet looks like the real deal and is not outrageously priced.
Unfortunately, Chuck Foreman is less known to today's (modern) collector's and therefore doesn't attract as many buyers. The only older guys who seem pull any kind of interest are HOF's (and even then only the really big names).
In any regards it is a great helmet IMO.

genius
04-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Ha did I really say George? As I've said often, Guinness is pure Genius (but not my IQ!). It's an awesome helmet, good price too for the right collector.