Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaiderNationPDX
    • Mar 2011

Cincinnati Reds ST Jersey #52 JONES c. 2004

For sale is a Cincinnati Reds spring training jersey, #52 with NOB of "JONES." Jersey is made by Majestic (with 0065 tagging), size 44. Shows moderate-to-heavy wear.

This style was used around the mid-2000's; only Jones to appear on the roster in that time was P Todd Jones, who was signed during spring training in 2004. Todd Jones wore #59 during the regular season, however, and I haven't run across any photos or rosters showing him in #52. Based on the number of loose threads in the name, it appears "JONES" was added hastily, so the Reds may have been rushing to get him suited up for a ST game after signing.

Asking $85 plus shipping. Email halliburson {at} yahoo *dot* com. Open to offers.
    Attached Files
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Cincinnati Reds ST Jersey #52 JONES c. 2004

It's not Todd Jones...he was in the size 50-52 range. He probably hasn't been able to wear a size 44 since he was a high school freshman.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
      • Mar 2011

Good call and appreciate the clarification.

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
        • Mar 2011

Considering Dave's info, I'll amend the price to $50 plus shipping; offers always considered.

Comment

• Frink
          • Jun 2007

If this was a Todd Jones jersey, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. The thing I don't get is, if it's definitely 2004, he was the only Jones on the spring training roster, at least according to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/mlb/springStats/_...cin/year/2004).

Dave, is there any possibility he managed to fit into it, that it was mistagged, that a 44 in this style was much larger, or otherwise?

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Mistagging is a slight possibility, although a chst measurement would have to be taken to see if the measured size is in that 50-52 range instead of the tagged 44.

Dave M.

Comment

• Copa
              • Jun 2007

Since this is a Spring Training jersey, could it be from a minor league coach or instructor? The first name that popped into my head was Tracy Jones. Just a thought.

Comment

• Frink
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Copa
                Since this is a Spring Training jersey, could it be from a minor league coach or instructor? The first name that popped into my head was Tracy Jones. Just a thought.
                Good thought, but I glanced at the wiki and it doesn't look like there was a Jones on the staff that year.

OP, would it be possible to measure that chest?

Comment

• DJaeger22
                  • Oct 2010

What about a non roster invitee?
                  Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                  jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
                    • Mar 2011

Apologies for the delay; computer bit the dust. Chest measures approximately 24" pit-to-pit (excluding underarm gussets). Photo attached (sorry it's so grainy; photo's from my phone).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...