PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams CFL Jersey Info

Eric
12-16-2006, 12:48 AM
This is from an article about a Toronto Argonauts team sale.

Backfield bargains
You'll get more than a quarterback when you go shopping for used equipment
Dec. 15, 2006. 01:00 AM
TIM LAI
SPORTS REPORTER

http://www.thestar.com/images/thestar/img/061215_argos_jersey_300.jpg
If Ricky Williams were an ordinary player, his touchdown total would match the number of game-worn jerseys he would have had during the season — two.
But Williams wasn't your average CFLer. He was a marquee attraction brought in for attention both on and off the field.
The Argos will reap some reward today from his uneventful season when a few of his game-worn jerseys, autographed by No.27, hit the rack at the annual holiday locker room sale at their practice facilities in Mississauga.
The sale runs from 2-8 p.m. today and the marquee item will be Williams' jersey. Bring out those brown bills — team officials expect to list the jerseys for $1,000 a piece.
If that's too much for a fan of the suspended NFLer, a Williams' game-worn Miami Dolphins jersey in turquoise was fetching just under $30 on eBay yesterday.
While other players went through the season with only one home and one away uniform, the running back wore a new jersey every game so it would become a piece of memorabilia, since it was his only season north of the border.
This happened when Raghib "Rocket" Ismail played for the Argos in the early 1990s.
Head coach Michael "Pinball" Clemons wore half a dozen jerseys in his last appearance on the field so the team could deem them "game-worn."
Equipment manager Danny Webb didn't put out any of Williams' jerseys yesterday morning initially, but when he got the green light for management, No.27 was hung up with the rest of the blue and white.
Game-worn jerseys will cost between $250 and $400 depending on the player. Some are left long, while others are cut short and have an elastic bottom, like quarterback Michael Bishop's No.17. Tackle Bernard Williams' white jersey still has red stains from the Eastern final loss to the Montreal Alouettes.
"Anything not nailed down would be available for the right price," said Webb, who expects a steady stream of 400 fans to shop in a room that still has the faint smell of sweat more than a month after the Argos were bounced from the playoffs.
The money from the sale will go back to the team's equipment budget for next season. Webb declined to reveal the budget for this past season and wasn't able to estimate how much money the sale would generate.
Some helmets will be available for $300 while there will be autographed replica jerseys on sale for $125. If that's a little too steep, there'll be plenty of new and used clothing available.
New shoes destined for the players' feet are only $35, while grass- and mud-stained cleats will only set you back $20. Shoes range from sizes 9 to 15 — it's a fun game to guess who needed the pair of 9s.
Jocks won't be on sale. Pads, whether for the shoulders or the hips, will probably remain with the club. The team also does a spring sale for some of its equipment for high school or club teams who may not be able to afford new pads.
Webb said the holiday sale is a good way for fans to find gifts, since T-shirts, sweatpants, gloves and jackets will not be undersold.
Some players will be on hand throughout the day as well, signing autographs and taking photos, including Damon Allen, Noel Prefontaine, Tony Miles and Arland Bruce.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1166136613440&call_pageid=970599119419

efmmm
12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Being new to the game used arena for football, I was curious if anyone knew how many helmets a player has or uses in a NFL season? Are helmets inspected and refurbished after each game? I recenctly picked up a game used helmet used by Ricky Williams with a LOA from Lou Lampson.
I just have my doubts about the helmet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I can have the helmet authenticed by? The helmet was used during the 2003 season and I had seen in another subject on this site that ASI had another 2003 game used helmet. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.