PDA

View Full Version : Any market for HS Championship rings

perlman9
05-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I have a buddy that is getting married and played on a few championship teams in high school here in Ohio at Massillon. He was looking to raise some money for the wedding and asked about his HS rings. I told them would be a tough sell, but I am not a ring guy so was curious if there is a market for HS rings? Thanks!

both-teams-played-hard
05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
The only value is the gold weight. If they aren't gold, you should advise him to keep the rings.

Chess2899
05-02-2014, 02:57 PM
He should not get married until he saves up money. If he can't pay for the wedding........he won't be able to pay utilities or other essentials. Keep the rings......or in 10 years he might have neither the rings or wife.

mad87man
05-03-2014, 07:53 AM
He should not get married until he saves up money. If he can't pay for the wedding........he won't be able to pay utilities or other essentials. Keep the rings......or in 10 years he might have neither the rings or wife.
not trying to cause an argument or anything but maybe that's why he can't afford the wedding or needs some extra money for the wedding?
I would just tell him to keep them if he was just a regular player on a team. If they were Michael Jordan's or something then you have some money.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Assuming they have no intrinsic (melt) value, there might be some collectors who would be interested if the ring maker is no longer around or maybe someone in the area might want to buy them (if it's a small enough town that high school sports are a huge thing). How many rings and which sports?