PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Derek Jeter Bat Info Needed

3arod13
12-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know what size bat Derek Jeter used in 1998:

Inches: 33?
Length: 28?

Also, I know Derek Jeter was on a rehab assignment with the Columbus Clippers in 1998. Does anyone know if he was with Columbus during any other years on a rehab assignment?

Thanks, 3arod13

GameBats
12-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Length - 34"
Weight - 31oz.

3arod13
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Gamebats,

Thanks! Do you know if he every used a 33" 28 oz. bat? Is there a website or somewhere I can go to find what size bats Jeter used throughout his career (year by year)?

When major league players go to the minors for rehab, is it unusual for them to use what bats minor league teams have on hand? Maybe use one that they have that is close to what they used in the majors? Or since they are rehabbing, maybe use a lighter bat than they normay would use, since they are recovering from an injury and most likey don't want to overdo it and reinjure themselves? Possible?

3arod13

GameBats
12-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Gamebats,

Thanks! Do you know if he every used a 33" 28 oz. bat? Is there a website or somewhere I can go to find what size bats Jeter used throughout his career (year by year)?

Though I am only 99.9% sure........ NO

When major league players go to the minors for rehab, is it unusual for them to use what bats minor league teams have on hand? Maybe use one that they have that is close to what they used in the majors? Or since they are rehabbing, maybe use a lighter bat than they normay would use, since they are recovering from an injury and most likey don't want to overdo it and reinjure themselves? Possible?

3arod13

Jeter would most likely travel with his own equipment. It would be unusual for him to utilize the equipment on-hand. I'm not big on speculation. I'm sorry to say the bat you posess is most likely NG.

JCC1968
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi

Does anyone have Jeter's 1998 records? I have a signed Jeter that is a small LS lettering it is a 33.5 bat and I am not sure about the weight. Can anyone comment?

Jason