PDA

View Full Version : Pink Mothers Day Bats

loanapprover
05-07-2014, 08:16 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/after-dropping-ball-on-pink-bats-last-year-mlb-moves-to-get-it-right-050714

Looks like MLB has changed their policy on only allowing LVS bats

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/after-dropping-ball-on-pink-bats-last-year-mlb-moves-to-get-it-right-050714

Pink Sam Bat please.

Nice to see and it will be interesting to see how many companies jump in now. I don't suspect many will though

frikativ54
05-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Good move. I was disgusted by LVS and MLB's making who uses pink bats a matter of politics, not of raising awareness for breast cancer research. I am happy that players stood up to them, and that the policy is being reversed.

sportsnbikes
05-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Pink Sam Bat please.

Nice to see and it will be interesting to see how many companies jump in now. I don't suspect many will though

I feel the opposite because I know at least at Kauffman, there were several different pink bats being sold at the game used store as game issued. They were not LS. I think many companies made the bats last year but as you know, players couldn't use them.

tbone90
05-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Wasn't it that players could use pink bats from other manufacturers but that the bats just couldn't have the company logo on them? I thought it was only LVS bats could be promoted pink?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Wasn't it that players could use pink bats from other manufacturers but that the bats just couldn't have the company logo on them? I thought it was only LVS bats could be promoted pink?

Yes that would be correct.

sox83cubs84
05-11-2014, 12:05 AM
The White Sox were wearing pink caps in Saturday's game here against Arizona.

Dave Miedema

brianborsch
05-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Can't wait fur the auctions!!!!

MLB~NUT
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Mlb so F'd up on their Policy's! Lol

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Mlb so F'd up on their Policy's! Lol

I don't think it was MLBs fault, they could care less. It was most likely Louisville Slugger's fault. Being the official bat of MLB they likely threw a fit when another team wanted to do it.

I didn't really see any difference that was major. Carlos Gomez was using a two tone pink bat that was a different brand, but the rest looked like only LS pink bats.

Jim65
05-11-2014, 08:19 PM
David Wright's pink bat was shattered into pieces, his next AB he had a regular bat, do they only get one pink bat?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
David Wright's pink bat was shattered into pieces, his next AB he had a regular bat, do they only get one pink bat?

Very possible and likely. Louisville Slugger gives them to their players for free. So I don't think they get many if more than one for that reason and the fact they are used one day.

MLB~NUT
05-11-2014, 10:24 PM
I don't think it was MLBs fault, they could care less. It was most likely Louisville Slugger's fault. Being the official bat of MLB they likely threw a fit when another team wanted to do it.

I didn't really see any difference that was major. Carlos Gomez was using a two tone pink bat that was a different brand, but the rest looked like only LS pink bats.

Yeah thats what I meant to say, silly only 1 co. Could issue pink bats last yr.!;)

momen55
05-11-2014, 10:34 PM
i saw domonic brown from the phillies swinging a chandler, and knobless on top of that. i wouldn't mind owning it or any knobless pink bat.

dangerzone79
05-12-2014, 12:45 AM

They get more than 1 bat apparently. Here are AJ Pierzynski's bats from the Red Sox game today in Texas.

sportsnbikes
05-12-2014, 01:53 AM
They get more than 1 bat apparently. Here are AJ Pierzynski's bats from the Red Sox game today in Texas.

Sweet pic. How did you get so close up?

dangerzone79
05-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Sweet pic. How did you get so close up?

I wish! It's from the Red Sox Instagram account.

HawaiiSportsNut
05-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Do they use pink bats in the minors as well?

HawaiiSportsNut
05-12-2014, 04:01 AM
I just did a Google search & found this photo from today. I guess now I must use my begging skills to get my friend to get one from Kolten. I hate to ask him but this bat is so sweet.

http://imageshack.com/a/img839/5010/yge6.jpg

brianborsch
05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
That Wong bat looks dynamite! :)