PDA

View Full Version : Miami marlins game used contact?

spartanservitto
05-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Is there one ? I want to pick up a stanton bat.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Is there one ? I want to pick up a stanton bat.

Yes there is, but they have no Stanton bats. I've had one "on hold" since February... and they've gotten literally none.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Yes there is, but they have no Stanton bats. I've had one "on hold" since February... and they've gotten literally none.

No Yelich, either. They do have, however "some game used baseballs."

I have a feeling, since the Marlins have been posting more bats/jerseys on MLB.com's auctions that they're getting away from direct to fan sales.

Dach0sen0ne
05-07-2014, 09:48 PM
RyMeyer@marlins.com

Ryan is great to deal with, my buddy picked up a Stanton bat today. Also one on MLB right now.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=169130&pgmode1=teamsearch&pgcust1=&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=stanton

danesei, you might want to check on that bat. haha

Dach0sen0ne
05-07-2014, 09:50 PM
http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=169130&pgmode1=teamsearch&pgcust1=&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=stanton

http://tinyurl.com/lgg8fpt

danesei@yahoo.com
05-07-2014, 09:52 PM
RyMeyer@marlins.com
danesei, you might want to check on that bat. haha

As I said, they post straight to the MLB auction site...

Dach0sen0ne
05-07-2014, 10:04 PM
As I said, they post straight to the MLB auction site...

As I said, my buddy picked one up today. No auctions, he purchased it directly from Ryan.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-08-2014, 03:09 AM
As I said, my buddy picked one up today. No auctions, he purchased it directly from Ryan.

My bad. I didn't see that part. I'll definitely need to contact him again!

MarlinsFan1993
05-08-2014, 02:05 PM
As mentioned, Ryan is an absolute joy to work with. He was actually kind enough to show me his office when I picked up my Stanton opening day jersey earlier this season. Some many awesome items!

Now to address the selling of items outright to fans. There are two primary departments that handle the selling of items within the Marlins organization: the team retail store, which is managed through Ryan, and the community foundation. The retail store will sell items outright but the prices can be steep especially for the couple of superstars on the team. A game used Stanton or Fernandez jersey will run you no less than $4000 at the moment if bought direct from the team store. Any of which are not sold through the store and reach the online auction will likely command a similar price as well. (Check past auctions of Fernandez jerseys from last season and his opening day jersey from this season.) A Stanton game used jersey has yet to ever reach the online auction but I expect it would also command a significant premium.

The community foundation will not sell direct and any items from them must be purchased through the online auction which they run every two weeks. Items from the foundation are often times more cost effective but are also more limited especially now that the team store is pulling and selling more items than in previous years. The only way to buy items direct from the foundation is the blow out sale in September. At the blow out sale some great deals can be had but once again the item selection is limited.

Hope this helps!

carbonrosa
05-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Well, there seems to be a Stanton bat currently on mlb auctions. Let the games begin!

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=169130

Hoosier39
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Well, there seems to be a Stanton bat currently on mlb auctions. Let the games begin!

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=169130

Out of curiosity, have you read any of this thread yet?

spartanservitto
05-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the help Rich! Got my stanton on the way. I owe ya.

paul457
06-06-2014, 01:58 PM
As mentioned, Ryan is an absolute joy to work with.

Agreed - I just worked with Ryan to pick up a 2014 Stanton bat. It wasn't cheap but it was tagged with an MLB COA and I was able to photo match it to a HR game.

He was great to work with, and was quick to help.

yanks12025
07-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Does ryan still work the game used stuff? Haven't heard back in a month and noticed his email is no longer in marlin game used auctions items.

carbonrosa
07-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Does ryan still work the game used stuff? Haven't heard back in a month and noticed his email is no longer in marlin game used auctions items.

His email is RyMeyer@marlins.com

The last time I spoke with Ryan through emails was in April to thank him for my Bryce Harper RBI triple baseball.

bd300
07-05-2014, 09:01 AM
The Marlins have two auctions. One is ran by the charity and the other is the store.

danesei@yahoo.com
07-05-2014, 07:57 PM
His email is RyMeyer@marlins.com

The last time I spoke with Ryan through emails was in April to thank him for my Bryce Harper RBI triple baseball.

Last time I heard from Ryan was end of May. I'm pretty sure he must be really busy with it being mid-season.