PDA

View Full Version : Julio Franco just signed a contract.

gingi79
05-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Sure it's not MLB, it's the Independent League, more specifically the UBL Fort Worth Cats. But it is pro ball and Julio is a spring chicken at age... 55.

You can keep your steroid cheats and ridiculous numbers, I'll take Julio Franco's ability to play professional baseball when most men in the real world are thinking retirement and most baseball players hung up the cleats 15+ years younger as " ridiculously old men".

jake33
05-20-2014, 01:10 PM
I never understand why some fans have the attitude of "Oh just go retire" on older athletes. We all have a limited time to do the things we enjoy doing, so I never understand why some fan gets upset that the player is no longer in his prime. If some team is willing to want you to play on that team, do it for as long as you want.

You have to appreciate Julio doing this, the man keeps himself in incredible shape as well.

DJaeger22
05-20-2014, 04:59 PM
I never understand why some fans have the attitude of "Oh just go retire" on older athletes. We all have a limited time to do the things we enjoy doing, so I never understand why some fan gets upset that the player is no longer in his prime. If some team is willing to want you to play on that team, do it for as long as you want.

You have to appreciate Julio doing this, the man keeps himself in incredible shape as well.

+1

I always liked watching him play and would love to be as active as he is when I'm his age. He seems to truly love the game, hopefully he gets a few AB's!

jtnatalierica
05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Just talked to a former coach from the team that they're bringing in Minnie Minoso and another guy for the same reason. Aldrich, Adcock?? Really reaching in Ft. Worth seeing as the league became a joke. Mike Marshall is the manager down there

flaco1801
05-22-2014, 04:49 PM
The mets will sign anybody...Abreu, Dice K, Farnsworth, Valverdi,The 2 Youngs...they are just awful...