PDA

View Full Version : 2006 jerseys ever used in 2007?

Swoboda4
05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
I apologize if this topic was discussed already. Does anyone know if a 2006 issued jersey(let alone a set 1) was ever used again in the following year? Or, when is the last example known of a current jersey having been used the previous year?

emann
05-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I apologize if this topic was discussed already. Does anyone know if a 2006 issued jersey(let alone a set 1) was ever used again in the following year? Or, when is the last example known of a current jersey having been used the previous year?

I have a 2011 jersey that was worn and GU tagged to 2012.

metsbats
05-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Robert,

It would depend on what the team decides.

The Mets used their 2006 jerseys in spring training 2007 for instance.

Not sure about the regular season.

David

commando
05-18-2014, 07:40 PM

It's also possible that a blank jersey was customized for the player in 2007, and not used in 2006 at all!

TNTtoys
05-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Robert,

I have owned examples of 2006 Mets regular season gamers that were reused in spring training 2007 and 2007 regular season gamers that were reused in spring training 2008.

Nick

TwinLakesPark
05-18-2014, 07:57 PM
I have owned several 2011 jerseys that were used in 2012, as well as 2012 jerseys that were used in 2013.

Swoboda4
05-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys so much. The reason I asked is that in 2007 I asked Steiner about getting Endy Chavez's home alternate black jersey he wore when he hit a game winning hr in June of that year in the subway series. They said they could get it and days later said they could not however they offered the Chavez Mother's Day jersey which I accepted. Flash forward to 4 days ago I picked up a Chavez 2006 home alternate black from Krukjerseys and wondered as to the possibility of it being used into the 2007 season. As it turns out that Chavez 07 black alternate home jersey also made it on a baseball card showing that Hr swing against the Yanks.

TNTtoys
05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys so much. The reason I asked is that in 2007 I asked Steiner about getting Endy Chavez's home alternate black jersey he wore when he hit a game winning hr in June of that year in the subway series. They said they could get it and days later said they could not however they offered the Chavez Mother's Day jersey which I accepted. Flash forward to 4 days ago I picked up a Chavez 2006 home alternate black from Krukjerseys and wondered as to the possibility of it being used into the 2007 season. As it turns out that Chavez 07 black alternate home jersey also made it on a baseball card showing that Hr swing against the Yanks.

Robert,

Now that you have more information, I can give you a much better answer. From my knowledge, the odds that the 2006 Chavez jersey you bough was used in 2007 is zero. If the jersey was recycled to 2007, it would have only been used in Spring Training, not the regular season. Steiner collected all of the Spring Training game used jerseys and sold them to the public. Hence, if the jersey was worn in ST, it would have gone to Steiner... None of the Kruk jerseys originated from Steiner or from the public.

That said, your jersey is a black home. I don't think black homes were ever worn in 2007 ST. Only blue BPs, white homes and gray roads.

Finally, I am doubtful your jersey was even worn in 2006 to be honest. With Steiner selling the game used for the Mets that year, this jersey was more than likely an extra that never made it to Endy. Could it have been worn? Yes, it is possible, but not probable.