PDA

View Full Version : There havent been any responses since Nov.

KTroublesome
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Is BMH still posting?

commando
05-23-2014, 12:56 AM
BMH tends to be "away" from the forum for varying lengths of time, then shows up and answers the pending questions all at once. He did respond twice on 3/19/14, and before that, answered about a dozen questions in mid-November.

I hope all is well, and we have to assume this is a busy time of year for BMH and crew.

Hoosier39
05-23-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm sure he gets tired of answering 30 threads a week?

One day he answers and people see this and start to post more threads wanting more records in the next 24 hrs. I can imagine how annoying that must get.

People have to remember is he does this as a nice gesture and asks for nothing in return. I'm just thankful for all of his responses throughout the years that I can look up when I do a search.

Roady
05-30-2014, 09:08 PM
I messaged him last September and haven't heard back yet. :D

metsbats
05-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Brian has been spending some well deserved time with his new grandson Louis who was born back on November. I 'd be doing the same if I were him too :) Congrats Brian!

KTroublesome
06-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Well that's solid news! Congrats Brian! I was just concerned something was up.

BMH
06-25-2014, 07:07 AM
It has been a while since I posted, time fly's when you're not paying attention. I will try to get to the questions here shortly, we are prepping for our inventory audit this weekend so work has been busy.

Our two Pro Bat sales reps left the company at the end of ST so it's been hectic trying to fill those shoes. James Sass has taken over for Chuck Schupp as our head sales rep. James will do a great job, but needs time to get up to speed. We are interviewing people to replace Lery Duran and that will take longer. I've been dealing with players more to help. It's been fun but the odd ball phone call in the middle of the night (damn west coast:p ) makes me wonder how Chuck did it for 35yrs.

I have been spending a lot of time with my grandson, it's neat to watch him explore his new world. I didn't really have that opportunity with his father and I intend to enjoy this as long as I can.

Speaking of my son, he is in his second year of being a farmer. Yep, all the money I spent sending him to college has paid off...:rolleyes:
Seriously, he's doing well at it, grows all sorts of veggies and sells them to local restaurants, a farmer's market and three roadside stands. It's called "Hillerich Family Farm" and the family is in there for the free labor. I've worked on more farm implements in the past two years than I care to count. Plus, this heap of an F250 is grandfather gave him that has been sitting in a field for the past 15yrs. I will say farming sucks BUT in a strange way is very relaxing.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
I have been spending a lot of time with my grandson, it's neat to watch him explore his new world. I didn't really have that opportunity with his father and I intend to enjoy this as long as I can.

It's awesome that you're able to spend that time with your family, Brian. As for the business transition, I suppose that's how it goes with legacy companies. :) I do hope your son's farm does well. It's something that is truly an American industry, which we've allowed to slip away. It's really tough work, but, at the same time, it's quite rewarding knowing that you brought life to something and are a part of people's lives through food. :)

joelsabi
07-09-2014, 10:33 AM
It has been a while since I posted, time fly's when you're not paying attention. I will try to get to the questions here shortly, we are prepping for our inventory audit this weekend so work has been busy.

Our two Pro Bat sales reps left the company at the end of ST so it's been hectic trying to fill those shoes. James Sass has taken over for Chuck Schupp as our head sales rep. James will do a great job, but needs time to get up to speed. We are interviewing people to replace Lery Duran and that will take longer. I've been dealing with players more to help. It's been fun but the odd ball phone call in the middle of the night (damn west coast:p ) makes me wonder how Chuck did it for 35yrs.

Speaking of my son, he is in his second year of being a farmer. Yep, all the money I spent sending him to college has paid off...:rolleyes:
Seriously, he's doing well at it, grows all sorts of veggies and sells them to local restaurants, a farmer's market and three roadside stands. It's called "Hillerich Family Farm" and the family is in there for the free labor. I've worked on more farm implements in the past two years than I care to count. Plus, this heap of an F250 is grandfather gave him that has been sitting in a field for the past 15yrs. I will say farming sucks BUT in a strange way is very relaxing.

Isnt time precious. Glad you are spending time in all the right places.

Best of luck with the transition w/ new field reps and the family farm.

BMH
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks!
I will say one advantage to having a father-in-law who used to be a Nebraskan farmer is all the beef! He "ran away" from his family's farm to become a chemical engineer. Well, after 35yrs with GE he's has the bug to raise cattle. Him and my son even do their own processing...yeah I will never watch that again and luckily those steaks are too delicious to think about the process of "farm to table".