PDA

View Full Version : Tim Raines bp jersey on Heritage

danesei@yahoo.com
05-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Does this look "game used" to others?

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=151421&lotNo=43080

Phil316
05-22-2014, 10:32 PM
No it's a batting practice jersey not used in a game. No mention of it by Heritage being Tim Raines either. Where did that info come from?

danesei@yahoo.com
05-23-2014, 08:54 PM
No it's a batting practice jersey not used in a game. No mention of it by Heritage being Tim Raines either. Where did that info come from?

It's a 1980s Expos BP jersey. Raines was the only player to wear #30 during the 80s for the Expos.

Phil316
05-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Interesting why they do not mention Tim Raines as the player who wore it.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Interesting why they do not mention Tim Raines as the player who wore it.

Honestly, I don't know. They had a pair of Fred Lynn's Pawtucket pants up for sale last year, and Mr Lynn even told me that the name and number were his print writing style when I asked about if they were his. He was surprised that the auction house never contacted him to research the items. I guess if they don't consider the item historically significant, less research goes into it or something. Good for buyers, I suppose, but crappy for sellers.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-25-2014, 05:10 PM
I've narrowed it down to a 1984/1985 jersey (leaning toward 1984), due to the odd formation of the sleeve numbers. It's hit my limit ($200 after shipping fees), but if anyone else was interested, it's a good choice.

sox83cubs84
05-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Honestly, I don't know. They had a pair of Fred Lynn's Pawtucket pants up for sale last year, and Mr Lynn even told me that the name and number were his print writing style when I asked about if they were his. He was surprised that the auction house never contacted him to research the items. I guess if they don't consider the item historically significant, less research goes into it or something. Good for buyers, I suppose, but crappy for sellers.

Full research isn't a priority with many auction houses, and that is apparently the case here. This jersey could have been properly ID with less than 5 minutes of research...is that too much to ask?

Dave Miedema