Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Bat grading

I thought people who "like" bat grading would want to see this. Notice how it jumped up 1.5 in grade. lol

• Roady
    • Jun 2012

Re: Bat grading

Clerical error?

Comment

• Juan Gris
      • Jul 2013

That is definitely the same bat but I don't see a picture of the PSA/DNA LOA in the Grey Flannel link. Could the 8.5 grade be a typo in the listing?

Comment

• Nnunnari
        Banned
        • Sep 2006

Hah.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

I emailed both John Taube and the Grey Flannel general inquiries email address about how the grade changed. If either writes back to me, I'll share the response.

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

Grey flannel told me they will look into it and get back to me. Nothing yet from JT.

Comment

• Hoosier39
              • Jul 2013

Maybe an email could've been sent to JT before a new thread was made? Maybe your questions would be answered then and not needing to bring up names in a public thread?

Comment

• yanks12025
                • Jan 2006

Oh so sorry Terry. I swear I thought this forum was to DISCUSS sports items. I guess this bat doesn't fall under discussion of sports items.

And I did say in my last post I had yet to hear back from john(and it's not bringing a name in a forum considering he does this type of work/expert, so obviously people will question some items because no body is perfect).

And I'm sure it was given a new letter because details on the dating of the label, weight have changed in the listing compared to the letter from 2007.

Comment

• Hoosier39
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by yanks12025
                  Oh so sorry Terry. I swear I thought this forum was to DISCUSS sports items. I guess this bat doesn't fall under discussion of sports items.

And I did say in my last post I had yet to hear back from john(and it's not bringing a name in a forum considering he does this type of work/expert, so obviously people will question some items because no body is perfect).

And I'm sure it was given a new letter because details on the dating of the label, weight have changed in the listing compared to the letter from 2007.
                  Discuss sports items, sure. Throwing someone's reputation out there, something they do for a living, not exactly.

It would've made more sense to email him your findings first, see what he has to say, and if you think it's bogus, let's "discuss". Maybe it was an honest mistake?

I guess I just don't understand it. If you want an answer, why don't you go to the source first? The people JT gives FREE advice to understand that.

Comment

• yanks12025
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hoosier39
                    Discuss sports items, sure. Throwing someone's reputation out there, something they do for a living, not exactly.

It would've made more sense to email him your findings first, see what he has to say, and if you think it's bogus, let's "discuss". Maybe it was an honest mistake?

I guess I just don't understand it. If you want an answer, why don't you go to the source first? The people JT gives FREE advice to understand that.
                    Where did I throw his reputation out there? I never said he's bad at what he does or anything. I'm just showing the collecting community that this specific bat went from a PSA 7 to a PSA 8.5.

Comment

• Hoosier39
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by yanks12025
                      Where did I throw his reputation out there? I never said he's bad at what he does or anything. I'm just showing the collecting community that this specific bat went from a PSA 7 to a PSA 8.5.
                      You made a thread on a different forum yesterday of "Really! Bat grading is stupid".

If one of your customers had an issue/problem with your services, wouldn't you like it if they came to you directly instead of going behind your back and going straight to your boss? Or posting their issues on a public forum with your name?

Why do you think Goldin doesn't like it when people question his auction items on here? That would be because you can email him directly and he fixes or at least answers the question within 10 minutes.

Comment

• yanks12025
                        • Jan 2006

It's called a FORUM. I posted a topic, so people can see and DISCUSS the topic. And I made that other thread, because there's bat collectors there also.

I'm done arguing with you.

Comment

• Hoosier39
                          • Jul 2013

I'm not arguing with anyone. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Think before you speak.

In my opinion, you made this thread(and the other) to bash on the guys who grade bats.

I'll go slower this time around: If you have a problem or question with an item that you aren't sure about, contact the person selling it. Or in this case, just contact JT and ask him for an explanation on the 2 LOA's. The guy is pretty easy to get a hold of and gives FREE advice all the time. I think we can all agree he has helped all of us out to some capacity. The guy deserves to at least have an email sent to him before any public threads are made attempting to bash what he does. That's not fair for one thing, and I'm pretty sure it's forum rules too.

Ok, now think about that for a second and let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hoosier39
                            I'm not arguing with anyone. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Think before you speak.

In my opinion, you made this thread(and the other) to bash on the guys who grade bats.

I'll go slower this time around: If you have a problem or question with an item that you aren't sure about, contact the person selling it. Or in this case, just contact JT and ask him for an explanation on the 2 LOA's. The guy is pretty easy to get a hold of and gives FREE advice all the time. I think we can all agree he has helped all of us out to some capacity. The guy deserves to at least have an email sent to him before any public threads are made attempting to bash what he does. That's not fair for one thing, and I'm pretty sure it's forum rules too.

Ok, now think about that for a second and let me know if you have any questions.

Have you read my posts? I said I did contact Taube and have not heard back from him. I even contacted him the other day about something else and heard nothing back. So stop saying I haven't reached out to him, when I have.

And again I'm not BASHING him. Please learn to read!

Comment

• yanks12025
                              • Jan 2006

Also I'm not the only person who thinks bat grading is stupid or any grading in general. That someone is willing to pay thousands more for a PSA 10 or a A10, but you can buy a bat just like that without a grade or even a PSA/A 8-9 for lots less.

Comment

Working...