PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez "butt fumble" jersey bought

nickacs
05-25-2014, 12:40 PM
LOL..it never gets old!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mark-sanchez-s-infamous-butt-fumble-jersey-goes-for-820-052414

gingi79
05-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I think we can all agree at the end of his Jets career that this is the most relevant and famous jersey Mark ever wore for them. It sold for exactly $820.

The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars.

xsentrixsupra
05-26-2014, 12:15 PM
I like how they make it sound like 820.00 is a lot of money for a game used Sanchez jersey. I think its safe to say all of us have at least 1 piece or have at least considered buying a piece of memorabilia that far exceeded 820 bucks haha

Roady
05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I like how they make it sound like 820.00 is a lot of money for a game used Sanchez jersey. I think its safe to say all of us have at least 1 piece or have at least considered buying a piece of memorabilia that far exceeded 820 bucks haha

But most would only pay that for HOF type players not washed up QB's who will be a trivia question one day.

What stuns me is "The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars."
Someone has a $20,000 dust rag hanging in their closet while kids with cancer are having to have fund raisers to pay for treatment.

xsentrixsupra
05-27-2014, 12:55 PM
But most would only pay that for HOF type players not washed up QB's who will be a trivia question one day.

What stuns me is "The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars."
Someone has a $20,000 dust rag hanging in their closet while kids with cancer are having to have fund raisers to pay for treatment.

Didn't someone pay some crazy amount for a piece of Sammy Sosa's bat that split that was corked? I agree with you that people will spend weird amounts for stuff, but 820 for the actual butt fumble jersey doesn't seem that bad of a price when you consider what some other quirky sports items go for.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Honestly if I was well set with money I would easily go $1,000 or so. It is a legendary conversation piece.