PDA

View Full Version : George Brett 1989 Game Worn jersey up for auction

MichaelofSF
05-27-2014, 12:43 AM
MEARS currently has a "1989 George Brett Kansas City Royals Game Worn Home Jersey" up for auction.
http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=77320&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=2&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=27&seo=1989-George-Brett-Kansas-City-Royals-Game-Worn-Home-Jersey-(MEARS-LOA)

I have a question for other Royals collectors:
Did the Royals not have a front number on their jerseys in 1989? The jersey pictured does not have a number on the front, from my memory, the Royals did have numbers on their fronts. If anyone can confirm this, please let me know so that I can let MEARS know. Also, someone please tell me if my memory is not correct on this. It is also possible that a number was there but removed, but I did not see any mention of that in the description.

MichaelofSF
05-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Mods, please feel free delete this thread as I read the update on auction questions. I will contact MEARS tomorrow first to let them know and allow them a chance to respond.

Phil316
05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
I have seen an 88 gamer tagged with a T for taper and 2 inch extra length. So one would think his 1989 gamer would have these examples. No "5" on the front is also a red flag.

MichaelofSF
05-27-2014, 09:42 AM
No need to remove mods. MEARS did reply back and let me know that they did not see any evidence of a number removal so they have removed the lot. Even though they let it in to the auction, they responded quickly to remove the item.

Phil316
05-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Not really sure how a company like Mears can miss something so obvious. Even the picture they showed in the auction you could clearly see the 5 on the front. At least they pulled it but still they should save themselves the embarrassment next time and actually do some research.