PDA

View Full Version : Pink items surfacing!!!!

brianborsch
05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Mlb.com has more pink items including bats, clears, etc! I hope there is more to come!!!!

tbone90
05-28-2014, 01:36 PM
I noticed that last night as well and thought it odd they weren't waiting for a big Mother's Day auction as in years past. Unless MLB is not going to do the usual big Mother's Day auction. Or maybe teams were only required to make a certain amount of items available for an auction and could list the rest as they wanted to.

MercyMe78
05-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Do these items usually go for a premium? Not really sure how much is "too much" for an item because i want it alllllll :)

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Do these items usually go for a premium? Not really sure how much is "too much" for an item because i want it alllllll :)

They go for a premium and resale value is usually not good at all.

But they don't usually hit the second market so if you want something now is the time .

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-28-2014, 02:40 PM
I noticed that last night as well and thought it odd they weren't waiting for a big Mother's Day auction as in years past. Unless MLB is not going to do the usual big Mother's Day auction. Or maybe teams were only required to make a certain amount of items available for an auction and could list the rest as they wanted to.

Teams don't get any pink items donated to a player by a company. It is all sent to MLB to be sold for charity. I am sure more items will be listed as some notable items are missing

simmo2332
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Picked up Todd Frazier's Mother's Day jersey from the Cincinnati Reds. Todd was 1-4 in the game with a Solo HR. It should be here soon.

I know the Reds had an auction with Mother's Day items already and a 2nd set is up now.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Some new items were added and have same end date of original items.

brianborsch
06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm looking for more bats! Hopefully more come soon!

danesei@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Is it true that only MLB bats are stamped with the Susan Komen ribbon? I ask, because someone sold a "Mother's Day" game used bat on eBay that doesn't have the ribbon. The seller is claiming that the bat is a minor league bat, so it wouldn't have that. However, he also said the bat is a "pro-preferred" model, which I thought were retail model bats.

HawaiiSportsNut
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Is it true that only MLB bats are stamped with the Susan Komen ribbon? I ask, because someone sold a "Mother's Day" game used bat on eBay that doesn't have the ribbon. The seller is claiming that the bat is a minor league bat, so it wouldn't have that. However, he also said the bat is a "pro-preferred" model, which I thought were retail model bats.

My Kolten Wong bat doesn't have the ribbon, but he was with Memphis at that time. Also the pics that I saw of Kolten with the Redbirds didn't have the ribbon either.

HawaiiSportsNut
06-04-2014, 07:18 PM
I just checked out some of the bats on the MLB.com auctions. It looks like only the LVS bats have the ribbon, the Yoenis Cespedes Victucs bat & the Ryan Kalish Chandler bats don't have them.

Dach0sen0ne
06-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I just checked out some of the bats on the MLB.com auctions. It looks like only the LVS bats have the ribbon, the Yoenis Cespedes Victucs bat & the Ryan Kalish Chandler bats don't have them.

I believe Louisville has the rights to use the MLB logo/ribbon.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 11:51 PM
My Kolten Wong bat doesn't have the ribbon, but he was with Memphis at that time. Also the pics that I saw of Kolten with the Redbirds didn't have the ribbon either.

Does your bat say Mother's Day 20XX on it, though? I'm really perplexed on the entire thing, since the COA doesn't mention Mother's Day, and the bat looks absolutely pounded for being only used for Mother's Day.

Jessica4Bama
06-06-2014, 08:07 PM
I was looking at the items, and I saw two Martin Prado pink bats. He always puts a whole bunch of pine tar on his bats. There is not a hint of pine tar that I can see. I'm wondering if he actually used them in the game? Wonder what's up with that?

HawaiiSportsNut
06-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Does your bat say Mother's Day 20XX on it, though? I'm really perplexed on the entire thing, since the COA doesn't mention Mother's Day, and the bat looks absolutely pounded for being only used for Mother's Day.

My bat has 2014 engraved on it. Perhaps the bat that you were looking at could have been from a previous year & used for batting practice.