PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Joey Votto Topps "Laundry Tag" card

chakes89
05-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Card in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-MUSEUM-COLLECTION-JOEY-VOTTO-REDS-LAUNDRY-TAG-1-1-/351074497301?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item51bdabb315

Card states that the "Laundry Tag" is from a "Game Used Jersey" but the hologram clearly that states that it was used to authenticate a pair of "Team Issued Pants"

So what happened here?

Does Topps just not care anymore? Or is this a case of a forged card?

Any thoughts?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-29-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm sure the pants showed use. I think topps can be like any collector and say they clearly were used if they have signs of use. My collection has used items said to be issued.

I think there are much bigger issues with card companies than this card.

Roady
05-29-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm sure the pants showed use. I think topps can be like any collector and say they clearly were used if they have signs of use. My collection has used items said to be issued.

I think there are much bigger issues with card companies than this card.

I believe you missed these parts of his post.

1. Card states that the "Laundry Tag" is from a "Game Used Jersey"

2. The hologram clearly that states that it was used to authenticate a pair of "Team Issued Pants"

Chess2899
05-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Card in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-MUSEUM-COLLECTION-JOEY-VOTTO-REDS-LAUNDRY-TAG-1-1-/351074497301?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item51bdabb315

Card states that the "Laundry Tag" is from a "Game Used Jersey" but the hologram clearly that states that it was used to authenticate a pair of "Team Issued Pants"

So what happened here?

Does Topps just not care anymore? Or is this a case of a forged card?

Any thoughts?

Topps hasn't cared since the 80s. Employees are all depressed and forlorn. The warehouses are in disrepair. Financially, they are trying to stay afloat. There are no checks and balances in their system. They are doing the best they can.

jake33
05-29-2014, 12:22 PM
"the best they can" isn't good enough and they should recognize it.
This isn't 1st grade Art class. Either do it right or get out of the business.

I still think at some point there is going to be a class action lawsuit against sports card companies from selling wrongful game used cards over the years.

The time, money and effort collectors put into that hobby is something that can be put into a value.

Roady
05-29-2014, 02:14 PM
I always hate to see autographed cards where part of the autograph is cut off.

Brucefan32
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
I know for a fact a lot of the Topps items from the Reds were stuff they had laying around no particular use at all. But thats Topps