PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch Definition

sprint23
05-31-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm curious as to GUU members definition's of the term "photomatch". To me it's a photo that puts the exact item in the hands of a player.

I'm seeing more and more in online auctions a more liberal definition that is more of a "style photomatch". This could be a photo of a player with a same style bat with no congruent markings or a generic base with the same jewel and the seller describes it simply as photomatched. Personally, I believe this is a play on words and a borderline shady tactic that could dupe newer collectors.

Just curious about your thoughts and observations.

Jags Fan Dan
05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
It's easy: photo match means the item in your hands can be 100 percent shown to be the exact item in the photo. Style match means the item in your hand is the exact same type of equipment as in the photo.

HawaiiSportsNut
05-31-2014, 09:05 PM
It's easy: photo match means the item in your hands can be 100 percent shown to be the exact item in the photo. Style match means the item in your hand is the exact same type of equipment as in the photo.

100% agreed with.

sprint23
05-31-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree. Just seems many people are leaving out the "style" part in their descriptions. Just curious. Thanks.

Jim65
06-01-2014, 06:06 AM

Agree.

I've seen people claim photomatches based on 1 smudge on a bat or 1 loose thread on a jersey. Those are good places to start but hardly 100%.

xpress34
06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Agree.

I've seen people claim photomatches based on 1 smudge on a bat or 1 loose thread on a jersey. Those are good places to start but hardly 100%.

Part of why I am very happy the Rockies have Pinstriped jerseys. Multiple identifiable points to exactly match a jersey to a photo or photos.

HawaiiSportsNut
06-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Part of why I am very happy the Rockies have Pinstriped jerseys. Multiple identifiable points to exactly match a jersey to a photo or photos.

I agree with your point.

Being a collector of Kurt Suzuki game used jerseys, it has always been nearly impossible for me to photo-match any of his jersey while he was with the Athletics & Nationals. Now that he is with the Twins I was able to photo-match his home white pinstripe jersey & his JRD jersey.