Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Zim - a Baseball Life

I have this book that I obtained in a trade with another GUU member quite some time ago. Great book about the late Don Zimmer. If you have genuine interest and intent to read it, I will send it to you for absolutely nothing.

That being said, if I send it to you and the next day it's on eBay, I will find you.
  • TwinLakesPark
    • Nov 2012

Re: Zim - a Baseball Life

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
    I have this book that I obtained in a trade with another GUU member quite some time ago. Great book about the late Don Zimmer. If you have genuine interest and intent to read it, I will send it to you for absolutely nothing.
    I will take you up on your offer, please email me at wesholden at gmail dot com and I will give you my address.

I will pass on the same offer when I am done.

Thanks!

Comment

• Mark17
      • May 2006

I was the initial owner of that Zim book, and offered it in trade when Jags offered a Sparky Anderson book that he sent to me. Good to see it circulate throughout the forum.

I originally got it on www.paperbackswap.com It's a great site for building a library of sports books, or any other subjects for that matter. You list a bunch of books you have available, and you get a credit every time you mail one off. Then you can use that credit to select a book from somebody else, and they have tens of thousands available.

I got a bunch of paperbacks my sister read for her book club, and have been trading them to build a nice library of 1960s baseball books, plus some others (Ted Williams, Red Barber's book on the 1947 season, and so on.)

Comment

• xpress34
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mark17
        I was the initial owner of that Zim book, and offered it in trade when Jags offered a Sparky Anderson book that he sent to me. Good to see it circulate throughout the forum.

I originally got it on www.paperbackswap.com It's a great site for building a library of sports books, or any other subjects for that matter. You list a bunch of books you have available, and you get a credit every time you mail one off. Then you can use that credit to select a book from somebody else, and they have tens of thousands available.

I got a bunch of paperbacks my sister read for her book club, and have been trading them to build a nice library of 1960s baseball books, plus some others (Ted Williams, Red Barber's book on the 1947 season, and so on.)
        Mark -

Is it just Paperbacks or is it Hardbacks too?

Just wondering because I try to update/upgrade my library to all hardbacks whenever I can.

Thanks!

- Smitty

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
          • Apr 2007

[QUOTE=TwinLakesPark;357640]I will take you up on your offer, please email me at wesholden at gmail dot com and I will give you my address.

I will pass on the same offer when I am done.

Thanks![/QUOTE

Awesome. I will email you.

Comment

• Mark17
            • May 2006

Originally posted by xpress34
            Mark -

Is it just Paperbacks or is it Hardbacks too?

Just wondering because I try to update/upgrade my library to all hardbacks whenever I can.

Thanks!

- Smitty
            Hardcovers too. They all count the same. So what I do is list my sisters paperbacks, which are inexpensive to mail, and then I do what you're saying, I request hard cover books.

Recently I've gotten a Clemente biography by Rich Maraniss (however it's spelled,) Curt Flood's autobiography, Summer of '49 and October 1964 by Dave Halberstam, and a big Sporting News picture book, 100 years of Modern Baseball. All are hardcover.

If someone had a little time to spend, they could go to a garage sale, scoop up a big box of paperbacks in decent condition, offer them on that website, and gradually start adding hardcover books to build a library on virtually any topic of interest. All it costs is the postage to mail your books to the people who request them, which, media rate, is about $2.50.

Comment

• xpress34
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mark17
              Hardcovers too. They all count the same. So what I do is list my sisters paperbacks, which are inexpensive to mail, and then I do what you're saying, I request hard cover books.

Recently I've gotten a Clemente biography by Rich Maraniss (however it's spelled,) Curt Flood's autobiography, Summer of '49 and October 1964 by Dave Halberstam, and a big Sporting News picture book, 100 years of Modern Baseball. All are hardcover.

If someone had a little time to spend, they could go to a garage sale, scoop up a big box of paperbacks in decent condition, offer them on that website, and gradually start adding hardcover books to build a library on virtually any topic of interest. All it costs is the postage to mail your books to the people who request them, which, media rate, is about $2.50.
              Thanks Mark!

I'll check it out!

- Smitty

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
                • Nov 2012

The book is back up on the block as I am done reading it. I will ship it to whomever would like to read it next.

wesholden at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...