PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu game used helmet

teddysjam
06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Don't know much about helmets, any thoughts on this? Does this look legit?

teddysjam
06-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Another pic of helmet

teddysjam
06-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Last one

bgakladd
06-06-2014, 07:56 PM
I see quite a few things wrong with it already. Did the Steelers paint their helmets??? I can't photo match it at all from 2010 or 2011. Here are the problems I found: Side facemask clip shouldn't have the screw type, compression screw is on Polamalu game helmets ( Getty Images 106158597 from Oct. 24, 2010) . Warning label to the number 3 isn't in the right location, from both years. Depending on what year the Steeler's logo was place, the angle of Steelers side decal not lined up in proper location as the vented hole next to it as compared to game photos. The Speed emblem on his 2011 facemask area is not blacked out. The auction helmet is. Right now I am not convinced he wore it. Scuffing can't be photo matched. I can be wrong....but. Anybody else see problem areas??

bgakladd
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I see quite a few things wrong with it already. Did the Steelers paint their helmets??? I can't photo match it at all from 2010 or 2011. Here are the problems I found: Side facemask clip shouldn't have the screw type, compression screw is on Polamalu game helmets ( Getty Images 106158597 from Oct. 24, 2010) . Warning label to the number 3 isn't in the right location, from both years. Depending on what year the Steeler's logo was place, the angle of Steelers side decal not lined up in proper location as the vented hole next to it as compared to game photos. The Speed emblem on his 2011 facemask area is not blacked out. The auction helmet is. Right now I am not convinced he wore it. Scuffing can't be photo matched. I can be wrong....but. Anybody else see problem areas??

I found the listing for the Polamalu game helmet up for auction. It states, "The helmet has a sticker on the inside right ear that signifies it was re-certified to meet the NOCSE standard in 2010. So we know it was not worn before 2010". From what I am familiar with is if it was recertified for use in 2010 it HAD to be worn in a 2009 year. Recertification sticker dates are for the year worn. Another issue.