PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a game-used baseball from the 2005 World Series?

salukidave
06-10-2014, 07:09 PM
I just acquired one from Game 2 with a MLB Authentication hologram sticker on it. Using the hologram number as a starting point in the MLB database, it looks like only 15 balls from Game 2 were certified as authentic with a MLB hologram. Thirteen of those are certified as Game 2 balls with no other information noted. My ball lists in the additional information area: "Ozzie Guillen - Game 2." What that means is anybody's guess, perhaps that it came from Ozzie Guillen as some point either during or after the game? The other one with additional information listed is the whopper -- Paul Konerko's grand slam. Interestingly, Scott Podsednik's Game 2 game-winning homer was not found in MLB's database, at least not in the numbered run involving my ball.

I'd like to do a little more research on this. If you have a ball from any game of the 2005 World Series, could you please list the hologram number either in this thread or to me in an email (salukidave@comcast.net)? I'd also be interested in knowing if you happened to snare a ball at one of the games that, of course, wouldn't have a hologram, like a foul ball or one tossed into the stands by a player. And does anyone know what happened to the Podsednik homer ball, and who has the Konerko ball?. I also wonder what happened to Jermaine Dye's Game 1 home run and Geoff Blum's Game 3 homer.

I'll post the results if I get enough information to report something.

Melissa1334
06-10-2014, 07:17 PM
didnt the fan that caught the podsednik homerun give it to him? maybe thats why its not in the database? awesome that you got one! :cool:

stasman
06-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I just acquired one from Game 2 with a MLB Authentication hologram sticker on it. Using the hologram number as a starting point in the MLB database, it looks like only 15 balls from Game 2 were certified as authentic with a MLB hologram. Thirteen of those are certified as Game 2 balls with no other information noted. My ball lists in the additional information area: "Ozzie Guillen - Game 2." What that means is anybody's guess, perhaps that it came from Ozzie Guillen as some point either during or after the game? The other one with additional information listed is the whopper -- Paul Konerko's grand slam. Interestingly, Scott Podsednik's Game 2 game-winning homer was not found in MLB's database, at least not in the numbered run involving my ball.

I'd like to do a little more research on this. If you have a ball from any game of the 2005 World Series, could you please list the hologram number either in this thread or to me in an email (salukidave@comcast.net)? I'd also be interested in knowing if you happened to snare a ball at one of the games that, of course, wouldn't have a hologram, like a foul ball or one tossed into the stands by a player. And does anyone know what happened to the Podsednik homer ball, and who has the Konerko ball?. I also wonder what happened to Jermaine Dye's Game 1 home run and Geoff Blum's Game 3 homer.

I'll post the results if I get enough information to report something.

I just picked up this 2005 team signed locker room bottle. Love me some 05 white sox!!! I also have Scotty Pods 2005 used glove.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I just picked up this 2005 team signed locker room bottle. Love me some 05 white sox!!! I also have Scotty Pods 2005 used glove.

^^Why do people always feel the need to mentions their items that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?^^

stasman
06-10-2014, 08:28 PM
^^Why do people always feel the need to mentions their items that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?^^

Because I'm a 2005 sox fan too and thought posting a unique 05 item would be interesting to other members.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Because I'm a 2005 sox fan too and thought posting a unique 05 item would be interesting to others.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=51821

You are welcome. Not even half way down the first page in this forum section.

stasman
06-11-2014, 03:33 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=51821

You are welcome. Not even half way down the first page in this forum section.

Thanks...

stdrwt11
06-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I have been looking to buy a ball from one of the games if possible. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks!

stdrwt11@yahoo.com

stasman
06-13-2014, 07:52 AM
I have been looking to buy a ball from one of the games if possible. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks!

stdrwt11@yahoo.com

The balls are hard to find.

wsoxcubsbats
03-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Dave,
I read your Want Ad for 2005 World Series game used baseball. I am asking what kind of luck did you have obtaining one, leads on one, cost? When time permits if you could send me any information on 2005 World Series game used baseball it would be helpful. Thank you for your time and effort.

Clare Jerabek
clarejerabek@wowway.com

PALEHOSE1
03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
I have a baseball from game two of the 2005 World Series. My seats were in section 123, behind the visitors (Astros) dugout. Lance Berkman playing 1st base made the final putout of the 4th inning. My son (who was 11), as he always did, would run down the stairs to try to catch the ball thrown into the stands by the player- and he caught this one.

I was on cloud 9. It really wasn't a big deal to him. The next day he gave me the ball saying "Dad this ball means more to you than it does to me" and gave it to me. I have an extensive White Sox collection but this is probably my favorite item. I think of it as its really his, I'm just holding it for a while.

I wonder if the toss onto the stands was filmed, I'm sure it would be impossible to find.

Game 2 of the 2005 World Series, will always be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended from the Konerko grand slam, the Podsednik walk off homer and the last out of the 4th inning.

TBM
03-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Palehose1,

That game is currently on YouTube, here is the link:

http://youtu.be/F0_wDb0DuUc

However after the last out of the fourth inning the camera stays focused on the hitter (Crede) standing on first talking to the first base coach and waiting for someone to bring him his glove. There is only a very brief view of some of the players running back to the dugout in the background. Time is 1 hour 17 minutes into the video.

Hope it brings back some good memories.

PALEHOSE1
03-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks I appreciate it! I have the DVD versions but they don't show every detail.

Tlewi11
03-04-2016, 02:27 PM
I own an MLB authenticated ball from game 4.

The hologram numbers for game 4 balls are MR-590649 through MR-590680 (32 total authenticated balls from that game).

I found mine on Ebay about three years ago. It has the old style hologram sticker which is the very small round version.

Hope that helps!