PDA

View Full Version : Save your stamps...do't mail to the Red Sox

sox83cubs84
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
As has happened in the past when the Red Sox have been reigning World Champs, the team is not forwarding fan mail directly to anyone of consequence on the team. I just had an autograph request I sent to Will Middlebrooks:eek: (who?) that was returned to me with a nice facsimile signed team-issued photo, The standard "too busy to answer" form letter, and my SASE intact and unused.

Dave Miedema

Hoosier39
06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Did you throw some money in there or were wanting one for free?

If it's for free you really can't be too mad. At least you got something in return instead of them just tossing it.

DJaeger22
06-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Dave I just got the same letter and photo card back from Jon Lester. In my case they didn't return my SASE, just the card I sent. What a let down!

sox83cubs84
06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Did you throw some money in there or were wanting one for free?

If it's for free you really can't be too mad. At least you got something in return instead of them just tossing it.

Terry, I agree with you to a point...it was disappointing, but assuredly better than a no=reply, a ghost-signed autograph, or a return of an unsigned card with no explanation. Still, though, for those who send out for autographs, what I got will far more likely be a minus if they receive it rather than a plus.

Dave Miedema