PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on 2006 Atlanta Braves jerseys

ham1963
12-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I just got some 2006 Atlanta Braves jerseys and I noticed that they all had the MLB hologram on them. Just givin you a heads up one of the things to look for.
John:eek:

kylehess10
12-19-2006, 10:56 PM
So every single 2006 Braves jersey is MLB authenticated?

RobSteinmetz
12-19-2006, 11:04 PM
I was told by a very knowledgeable Braves collector/eBay dealer that all the 2006 Braves shirts were authenticated by MLB at the end of the season. Apparently the authenticator didn't know which jerseys were worn and which were not, so they will all be registered in the MLB database as "game issued". If that is the case, this clearly isn't good news for collectors buying 2006 Braves shirts. Yet another case of the brain surgeons with MLB screwing up what should be an air-tight system.

kylehess10
12-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I was told by a very knowledgeable Braves collector/eBay dealer that all the 2006 Braves shirts were authenticated by MLB at the end of the season. Apparently the authenticator didn't know which jerseys were worn and which were not, so they will all be registered in the MLB database as "game issued". If that is the case, this clearly isn't good news for collectors buying 2006 Braves shirts. Yet another case of the brain surgeons with MLB screwing up what should be an air-tight system.

That really sucks. I was hoping to someday get a 2006 Edgar Renteria jersey but I guess not now since the Braves can't even tell what's real and what isn't

ham1963
12-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I guess that if you get a set on or a set two jersey then you might be in good shape in getting a game used

MikeSimon
12-20-2006, 11:09 AM
John,

What jersey did you pick up and how is the "wear"? Does it look worn?

Mike

RobSteinmetz
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I have a "Cool Base" 2006 red alternate Renteria shirt from this past season that has the MLB hologram and shows definite evidence of use. I checked the hologram # in the MLB database, and it still is not posted. I bought this jersey directly from the Braves prior to the end of the 2006 season.

allstarsplus
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I checked the hologram # in the MLB database, and it still is not posted. I bought this jersey directly from the Braves prior to the end of the 2006 season. They are months behind with many teams so that is no surprise. They don't answer any of the emails about the database anymore it seems. They used to be good about returning emails.

I have a HR bat from September that better show up in the database!

kylehess10
12-20-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a "Cool Base" 2006 red alternate Renteria shirt from this past season that has the MLB hologram and shows definite evidence of use. I checked the hologram # in the MLB database, and it still is not posted. I bought this jersey directly from the Braves prior to the end of the 2006 season.

yea I saw that on your site. Unfortunatly I'm still looking for my first job right now but as soon as I get one that will definetly be on my watch list

ham1963
12-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Mike,
I p/u four jerseys one of them is a Wickman home set 1 and I feel that this is game worn. I have a McBribe Alt and the tag has shade of pink like it has been washed and a home jersey. I have a Johnson Alt. on the way. I plan on selling or trading the Mcbride and Johnnson. I remember that I bought a Mil. Brewers Mike Maddox g/u hat and it took about a year for them to get it listed in the MLB database.
John

indyred
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Man that stinks about the MLB certification on them. I want to pick up a red alternate from 2006 of just a common type player. Did the Braves just sell off there 2006 jerseys? Seems quite a few have shown up on eBay. Jerseys 2003 has had a few, so the Braves switched to cool base on the red home Sunday style mid season?