PDA

View Full Version : Help with a FSU helmet

cubbs1232
06-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm not a football helmet guy so any help would be great. I bought 2 FSU helmets the other day from someone with ties to the school but I noticed this helmet says Riddell and not ACC above the facemask. They both smell something awful, ive had to put them in the garage for the time being. Any help with it would be much appreciated.

tom1315
06-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Looks like a Riddell Speed…seems like one has lots of wear on top yet the decal shows little wear(?). The decals seem legit but may be able to purchase too…look at game pictures from 2012 season for placement of rear and side decals.

I've the Sports Illustrated dated 1/13/14 with pictures from the BCS National Championship game. Rear decals seem spot on…but no tomahawk awards…seems unusual on your gamers…and wear seems a bit too much on one gamer. You're correct should have the "ACC" front decal over the Riddell on the front.

I'm skeptical…

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

bgakladd
06-12-2014, 11:25 PM
A Riddell 360 helmet with heavy wear, I wouldn't rule out this being a practice used helmet only, with decals being added later by someone from the equipment room at FSU when the helmet was let go. A lot of practice helmets make their way out from schools and can be presumed game used.

PAC
06-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Yep, definitely practice helmets with decals added after the fact. With that much use, no way those decals wouldn't be torn or at least scratched all to hell.

cubbs1232
06-13-2014, 04:31 PM
thanks guys. This is a practice helmet and the decals were added, by the team, when these helmets were put up for sale. Heres the other helmet which I bought with the practice one. This ones decals are beat up along with the helmet. There are numerous tears and rips on the decals along with major scuff marks.