PDA

View Full Version : "Hgpdiamond" on eBay

Rays&Mariners
06-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Hgpdiamond on eBay? Was their stuff authentic?

Thanks
Eric

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-13-2014, 04:15 PM
HGPDIAMOND is 100% AUTHENTIC. They deal direct with the Players and Teams. A lot of their coa are straight from the players. Great Ebayer

cubbs1232
06-13-2014, 04:17 PM
HGPDIAMOND is 100% AUTHENTIC. They deal direct with the Players and Teams. A lot of their coa are straight from the players. Great Ebayer

said hpgdiamond

Phil316
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marty-St-Louis-New-York-Rangers-Lightning-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPH-HELMET-STANLEY-CUP-/121362422423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c41c39a97

Notice the background banner.

I can say though I have purchased a few items from these guys and I was happy with every item. Shipping was quick and items that I purchased where legit.

Rays&Mariners
06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys,

Phil, Funny enough, the link you showed is actually the piece I was interested in. Seems weird that there are no tampa stickers on the helmet and the number 26 decal doesn't have the same look as any of his photos online I have checked?

Eric

Sabresfreak
06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
That Bauer/Nike helmet was worn before the 11/12 season. The 11/12 season was the first year that teams wore numbers on the front of their helmet.

cubbs1232
06-13-2014, 05:57 PM
for what its worth, the couple of lightning helmets I was interested in that they had nothing seemed to line up. Whether it was missing logos added numbers etc.

Also I would be cautious of the Lightning shoulder pads they put up for sale. I was at the Lighting sale and I can tell you that they did have some of the top players gear there but none of the shoulder pads were marked with player names or numbers.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Hollywood Investments sells a lot of items from Celebz Direct. So, if you don't like Celebz Direct (either for shilling or calling non-gamers game used), you probably won't like paying the inflated prices of Hollywood Investments, either.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 06:14 PM

BTW, how can you say that you deal directly with the players and teams when a good portion of your items are from Celebz Direct?

Jim65
06-13-2014, 07:20 PM

Vouching for yourself, then saying "they" "their" doesn't help your credibility.

emann
06-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Vouching for yourself, then saying "they" "their" doesn't help your credibility.

+1

Phil316
06-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Just like anything do your homework before making a purchase. I am just saying my purchases went fine and I was easily able to match the 2 bats I purchased.

That being said it is not uncommon for NHL teams to take off the team logos before selling them. It makes no sense I know. I cannot comment on the St Louis helmet as I personally would not own anything by him :D

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-13-2014, 07:45 PM
BTW, how can you say that you deal directly with the players and teams when a good portion of your items are from Celebz Direct?

10% of our business is part of Celebz.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-13-2014, 07:49 PM
We purchase the helmets directly from the lightning with coa and receipt. We cannot do anything to the helmets, they come as they are purchased.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Are you saying that Scot Monette owns 10% of Hollywood Investments?

Phil316
06-13-2014, 08:52 PM
For what it's worth The Florida Department Of State Division Of Corporations lists the owner Of Hollywood Investments INC as a Stephen McQueen. If you go to their website you can see pictures of McQueen with all different types of celebrities. It mentions nothing of Scot Monette (Monet) as part owner.

Had I known Monette or Monet was part of this company i would not have made my purchases LOL.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM

Absolutely NOT.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 12:13 AM

Absolutely NOT.

So, what do you mean by 10% of your business is a part of Celebz?

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 09:06 AM
What we mean is that we have some of celebz products that we purchased. What is the big deal about this. Its crazy how much time is spent on this. SO WHAT, I have been in business for over 40 years. This is the craziest stuff I have ever seen. Yes, I deal direct with players, and have been most of our business. We video tape and take pictures of every autograph and event we do.

Phil316
06-14-2014, 09:54 AM
What we mean is that we have some of celebz products that we purchased. What is the big deal about this. Its crazy how much time is spent on this. SO WHAT, I have been in business for over 40 years. This is the craziest stuff I have ever seen. Yes, I deal direct with players, and have been most of our business. We video tape and take pictures of every autograph and event we do.

It is a little crazy I could not agree more. The way I think you worded the 10% thing was a little unclear. But hey it's all good. Enjoy the forum and know that everyone has questions about different items not just yours.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 10:49 AM
It is a little crazy I could not agree more. The way I think you worded the 10% thing was a little unclear. But hey it's all good. Enjoy the forum and know that everyone has questions about different items not just yours.

I appreciate it. We have been in business for so long and try to maintain the highest of quality & service. We appreciate your business and input. We want our customers to be happy and confidence in the sporting industry. Thank you

Jim65
06-14-2014, 11:47 AM
We want our customers to be happy and confidence in the sporting industry.

If thats true, a few questions shouldn't get you bent out of shape.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 12:14 PM
If thats true, a few questions shouldn't get you bent out of shape.

You tend to say things and make suggestions on companies you know NOTHING about. I don see any CREDITIONALS behind you.

Phil316
06-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Hollywoodinvestments67 turn on your pm's. Also a little bit of advice. Some members like to argue and bait you into a war of words. I have found for the most part to ignore or reply kindly. Just a heads up.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Hollywoodinvestments67 turn on your pm's. Also a little bit of advice. Some members like to argue and bait you into a war of words. I have found for the most part to ignore or reply kindly. Just a heads up.

Your right, I have never seen anything like this. All someone did was ask about ebay. I appreciate your input.

GoGators
06-14-2014, 01:14 PM
I've never interacted with this seller and am not commenting in any way about their credibility.

However, I am a Lightning collector and would advise caution around the St. Louis helmet linked in this thread. On their black helmets, the Lightning have always worn white letters with blue and silver outlines. Here's an example of a correct black helmet:
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab132/robertceagle/helmet1.jpg

The black alleged St. Louis helmet has black numbers as does another helmet offered by this seller described as being worn by Tyler Johnson (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyler-Johnson-Rookie-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-GAME-USED-HELMET-Reebok-Hokey-NHL-/111381674978). Here you can see how the black numbers belong on white helmets:
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab132/robertceagle/helmet2.jpg

At the equipment sale, they often offer lots of different game-used helmets, some of which still have decals, many of which do not or are no longer complete. The St. Louis signature looks good, so it could well be a game-used (by someone) helmet signed by him, but I'd question whether it's a helmet worn by Marty in a game - definitely tricky wording.

As always, do your homework.

Phil316
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
I've never interacted with this seller and am not commenting in any way about their credibility.

However, I am a Lightning collector and would advise caution around the St. Louis helmet linked in this thread. On their black helmets, the Lightning have always worn white letters with blue and silver outlines. Here's an example of a correct black helmet:

The black alleged St. Louis helmet has black numbers as does another helmet offered by this seller described as being worn by Tyler Johnson (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyler-Johnson-Rookie-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-GAME-USED-HELMET-Reebok-Hokey-NHL-/111381674978). Here you can see how the black numbers belong on white helmets:

At the equipment sale, they often offer lots of different game-used helmets, some of which still have decals, many of which do not or are no longer complete. The St. Louis signature looks good, so it could well be a game-used (by someone) helmet signed by him, but I'd question whether it's a helmet worn by Marty in a game - definitely tricky wording.

Great post. I have come into the same situation with NHL helmets as well.

Jim65
06-14-2014, 01:59 PM
You tend to say things and make suggestions on companies you know NOTHING about. I don see any CREDITIONALS behind you.

Your first post on this forum:

"HGPDIAMOND is 100% AUTHENTIC. They deal direct with the Players and Teams. A lot of their coa are straight from the players. Great Ebayer"

You are vouching for yourself, so are you deliberately trying to be misleading by saying "they"?

I never suggested anything else, go back and re-read the thread.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Your first post on this forum:

"HGPDIAMOND is 100% AUTHENTIC. They deal direct with the Players and Teams. A lot of their coa are straight from the players. Great Ebayer"

You are vouching for yourself, so are you deliberately trying to be misleading by saying "they"?

I never suggested anything else, go back and re-read the thread.

YOU BET, I will vouch for myself, THEY THEM THEIR WHATEVER. US WE how about that. WE ARE 100% AUTHENTIC. LIKE IT

Rays&Mariners
06-14-2014, 03:35 PM
GoGators,

Thank you for your post!

Eric

danesei@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 03:35 PM
YOU BET, I will vouch for myself, THEY THEM THEIR WHATEVER. US WE how about that. WE ARE 100% AUTHENTIC. LIKE IT

Okay, so you admit to giving yourself a positive review in the third person. It is what it is.

So, the problem with the above is that it seems a lot more than 10% of your gamers come from Celebz Direct. At least 30 of your current items listed are from CD, which represents about 1/2 - 2/3 of your game used items currently listed. You say that you've been in business for over 40 years.

Here's a linkback to another thread where members had problems dealing with your or "their" company, in the past:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=55320

cubbs1232
06-14-2014, 07:40 PM

I was at the sale and bought a couple black helmets and they all have white numbers.

Phil316
06-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Cubbs1232,

Did you get a COA ? If so does it look the same as in the St Louis ebay auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marty-St-Louis-New-York-Rangers-Lightning-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPH-HELMET-STANLEY-CUP-/121362422423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c41c39a97

cubbs1232
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
No. I can tell you they weren't issuing coas there. I asked if there was a way I could get some for my items, seeing how I spent close to 2k and they said they typically don't issue coa.

Couple things about the coa. Why is the logo on the top of the coa the old style? How is the date on the coa 4/12/12 when the sale that you are using pictures from was last year in 2013?

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-14-2014, 10:11 PM
No. I can tell you they weren't issuing coas there. I asked if there was a way I could get some for my items, seeing how I spent close to 2k and they said they typically don't issue coa.

Couple things about the coa. Why is the logo on the top of the coa the old style? How is the date on the coa 4/12/12 when the sale that you are using pictures from was last year in 2013?

I have been working with the Lightning for 5 years, business and personal. My son trains with the Alumni and has been for 2 years. Check out our website and you will see how we get our Game USED LIGHTNING ITEMS.

cubbs1232
06-15-2014, 06:39 AM
I have been working with the Lightning for 5 years, business and personal. My son trains with the Alumni and has been for 2 years. Check out our website and you will see how we get our Game USED LIGHTNING ITEMS.

Instead of deflecting why don't you answer the couple questions I had about your lightning coas?

I did checkout your website and I don't see anything about how you get your game used stuff, besides the "We work exclusive with all major sports teams and Hollywood productions." Which that statement isn't entirely true.

hollywoodinvestments1967
06-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Instead of deflecting why don't you answer the couple questions I had about your lightning coas?

I did checkout your website and I don't see anything about how you get your game used stuff, besides the "We work exclusive with all major sports teams and Hollywood productions." Which that statement isn't entirely true.

YOUR FEEDBACK IS CRAP, Your a JOKE, Other members have contacted us on email about how you down grade members and items on game used universe. I'm done with your remarks.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Well today I learned that I don't even care if it is legit from HGPDiamond. I wouldn't do business with them because they act like a big baby when someone says something they don't like. I only deal with mature and professional businesses. If that is how you act after 40 years in business that is quite sad.

jwal23
06-15-2014, 09:14 AM
YOUR FEEDBACK IS CRAP, Your a JOKE, Other members have contacted us on email about how you down grade members and items on game used universe. I'm done with your remarks.

Jim65
06-15-2014, 09:29 AM

He asked a legitimate question and thats how you respond? Personally, I think your attitude sucks and if you came here to lose potential customers, then job well done.

cubbs1232
06-15-2014, 09:56 AM

First off, I have never questioned an item on this forum. I barely comment on the forum. You can easily go through and check every post I have ever made on here and I GAURANTEE there isn't one of me talking "crap" to another member. So you must have me mistaken with someone else.

Second, you sell crap items bro! you get used GENERIC items, then get them signed by a player and all the sudden they become the players signed game used items.

I would bet the reason you wont comment on the coas is because they are photocopied.

I will say this, the autographs are good.

xsentrixsupra
06-15-2014, 10:34 AM

I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care about either side, but as a business it does come off as extremely unprofessional to have a post like that. Also, the wrong use of "your" instead of "you're"

Nnunnari
06-15-2014, 06:02 PM
The use of "your" over "you're" and the Celebz Direct connection pretty much seals the deal.

earlywynnfan
06-16-2014, 07:25 AM
I sent them a question long ago about the Manny jersey, and I got a very rude and arrogant reply. They may sell great stuff, I don't know, because I'll never look at their items again.

PAC
06-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Hollywood Investments logic:

no name game used item + star player signature = star player signed game used item!!!