PDA

View Full Version : 2005 White Sox locker room team signed bottle

stasman
06-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Just picked up this team signed 2005 White Sox locker room celebration bottle. I got it from former White Sox player and World Series champ Timo Perez... I'm a huge sox fan and have never seen another one of these, especially team signed.. Does anybody have one or from another team?

coxfan
06-16-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't have one, but I've noticed in my surveys of MLB authentication practices that they're now authenticating large numbers of bottles and corks after clinching celebrations. For example, MLB authenticated large numbers of bottles, etc. after the Rangers clinched in 2010. The Red Sox authenticated a lot of similar items after clinching the division last year. The same was presumably done for the league and WS titles, though I haven't found the authentication sequences to check that.

Authentication doesn't necessarily mean putting them on sale, and I suspect those celebration bottles were given to players, staff, and families. I don't know if they were MLB-authenticating those in 2005.

helf35
06-16-2014, 10:00 AM
They had about a dozen or more used bottles sold at various garage sales over the years. I bought a world series bottle last year at the garage sale in October at the stadium. I think they were $50 a bottle. They also had alcs and alds bottles i believe.

helf35
06-16-2014, 10:03 AM
They had about a dozen or more used bottles sold at various garage sales over the years. I bought a world series bottle last year at the garage sale in October at the stadium. I think they were $50 a bottle. They also had alcs and alds bottles i believe.

I forgot to add mine was authenticated and so were the remaining bottles that were there. Not even a clue if all were authenticated or just some. That was the only reason i bought it because when I looked it up it said World Series Game 4 locker room celebration. If i can find a photo i will post it.

helf35
06-16-2014, 10:04 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58462&highlight=white+sox+world+series+bottle

stasman
06-16-2014, 05:42 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58462&highlight=white+sox+world+series+bottle

Very cool. Have you seen any authenticated team signed ones? Mine isn't authenticated by MLB.. But came directly from Timo Perez.