PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Cards jersey on ebay

Mark17
06-14-2014, 06:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1964-PHIL-GAGLIANO-CARDINALS-World-Champs-GAME-WORN-USED-FLANNEL-JERSEY-/181433519320

Does this jersey look right? Here are my concerns:

1. It doesn't look like there's room under the number on back for there to have been a NOB like "GAGLIANO"
2. The #1 on the attached photo from the 1964 World Series has a base on it, while the "1" on the jersey doesn't.
3. There are no manufacturer tags that I can see, no set tags, or washing instructions. I know that sometimes tagging was sewn into the inside of jerseys, like wash tags on the inside of 1964 Twins road Spalding shirts, and set tags inside 1967 White Sox roads, for example.

Second question concerning jerseys in general. Is it easy to remove color bleed like what's on this jersey, and how's the best way to do it? I'm also wondering about cleaning a jersey with a bled autograph, for example.

Thanks in advance for input.

-Mark

sox83cubs84
06-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Mike:

I have skepticism, as well. It looks like a minor league gamer clandestinely "upgraded" to create a Gagliano.

In addition to the NOB spacing problem you mention, name in tail and year tagging is not that close to the bottom edge of the tail on any 1960s Cardinals flannels I'm familiar with. I'm also curious why he chose not to show the Rawlings tag and possible flag tagging, since one of the photos shows the applique of the Rawlings label.

Dave Miedema