PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers and Diamondbacks shut down Fan Rewards Programs

richpick
12-20-2006, 02:38 PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks shut down their Fan Rewards programs today. The Dodger program was called "Fan Rewards" and the Diamondbacks was called "MVP". I was a member of the Dodger Fan Rewards program and you could earn points when buying anything at the stadium, in their online store, through participating merchants, and a point for each dollar spent on the Dodger Think Blue Mastercard. You could save the points for merchandise, tickets, experiences, and yes game used equipment and jerseys as well as autographs. There is a number but when you call it just tells you a representative will be in contact with members shortly to redeem any points in your account. I am really upset because I just joined a month ago at a cost of $99.95 and have close to 10,000 points which I was going to exchange for a game worn practice jersey of Jeff Kent. Anyone know what is going on?

kswarriors
12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm in the same boat, having joined about a month ago too, and would love to know what happened. Trying to stay optimistic, maybe we'll get a good deal on redeeming our points when the customer service dept. gets around to contacting us. In the meantime, I know exactly what to do with my new Think Blue credit card.

richpick
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I spoke with Marty Jones who is in charge of the Diamondbacks MVP Rewards for the Arizona Diamondbacks and he told me that the company who ran both programs for both the Dodgers and Diamondbacks closed their doors on Dec 19th, 2006 much to the surprise of both franchises. This forced the Dodgers and Diamondbacks to close the programs. He said that all points earned were frozen and that they were trying to redeem points for members. I explianed that I only joined a month ago at the cost of $99.95 and he said that they were giving a full refund to anyone who joined after December 15th but I would have to talk to the Dodgers about a refund. The Dodgers only have a number which plays a message that someone will contact members of the program. If you are a member of the Diamondbacks Fan Program you can call Marty Jones head of the Diamondback's Fan Loyalty program directly at (602)462-6623 he sounds very nice and shocked about the closing of the program and willing to make things right with the fans. I am waiting on the Dodgers now and will let you know what happens.