PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park- In's and Outs

MercyMe78
06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Hoping to see if any of you can give a few insight on Comiskey Park for a day game.

1) Do they have batting practice during day games during the weekday?
2) Best place for autographs for visiting team? (Are you even able to get any at the park?)
3) What time do gates open?
4) Things to look at/places to go in the park?
5) Must eats?
Most importantly...
6) Do they sell game used items from that day (ie balls)?
7) Where is the game used booth/store location?

Thanks for the help! :)

MercyMe78
06-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Obviously I meant US Cellular Field ;)

stasman
06-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Obviously I meant US Cellular Field ;)

Autos are hard to get there. Need to be down by third base dugout. You can watch visitors batting practice... They have a store in the stadium called chicago sports depot ( third base side) where they sell game used items...stick with the hotdogs and fresh grilled onions!!! Have fun

helf35
06-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Chicago dog in RF is a must stop for me. I always down a few churros while I'm there. I actually put down 6 one game after a few too many MGD's when we had patio tickets. A must stop would be the statues in CF. GU is pretty sorry pretty much just balls. The cell is a great place to watch a game. Enjoy.

esigs
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Hoping to see if any of you can give a few insight on Comiskey Park for a day game.

1) Do they have batting practice during day games during the weekday?
2) Best place for autographs for visiting team? (Are you even able to get any at the park?)
3) What time do gates open?
4) Things to look at/places to go in the park?
5) Must eats?
Most importantly...
6) Do they sell game used items from that day (ie balls)?
7) Where is the game used booth/store location?

Thanks for the help! :)

1) The White Sox play very few weekday day games. There are 2 such games in the remaining schedule, both getaway days. Most teams don't have batting practice for those games.
2) At the Cell, visiting team dugout is on the 1st base, so your best bet for autographs is there. Getting autographs will vary by team/players, so it's hard to tell if you will be able to get any.
3) Gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, except Kids Days, when it opens 2 hours before.

As previously mentioned, there isn't much GU items for sale at the Cell.

sox83cubs84
06-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Far better for the collecting and autograph seeking fan than Wrigley Field...unless they have a good SGA, the Cubs are a waste of time.

Dave Miedema