PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns training camp questions

Preston
06-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Hey guys -

I'll be up at the National Sports Collectors Convention this year in Cleveland - any idea if the team sells game used stuff at training camp? Would like to get a Brandon McDonald gamer. Also I saw their autograph policy is basically "random 12 and under kids" so I know that's probably a no-go (unless they sign leaving the facility?) - anyone going or have gone in the past that could give some tips?

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet a few of y'all at the show!

beef
06-18-2014, 07:47 AM
In the past they only sold game used on the last day of training camp and all I saw when I went was practice jerseys and issued cleats. With Johnny mania this policy may change. Autographs are better on the last day, a bunch of players hung out after practice and signed for awhile for adults as well as kids. Good luck. -Ryan

Brownsfan525
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
This camp is going to be different than years past due to the "Johnny Mania". Basically you will have to preregister just to attend. Usually items for sale are near the end of camp and include anything from practice jerseys to socks. Signings are easier near the end of camp as well, but many guys are friendly and will sign anytime (helps if you have a child). Some days are designed specifically for Browns Backers members as well and Browns Backers President's Day which makes getting autographs easier for those that are invited to attend. Again this is all subject to change due to the new registration policy being rolled out.

Dawg Pound
06-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Browns have not sold any game worn stuff since Jimmy Haslam has taken over. I'm told that they are currently negotiating with some existing supplier relationships and that they will be selling jerseys and other items most likely online in the near future. From the research i 've done regarding the companies mentioned I'm disappointed because it looks like the prices are going to be way over priced.

I've been talking to browns staff and begging for them to offer some kind of a program. They are interested, and I would be shocked if they didn't offer something this season.

In years past the browns would conduct "locker room" sales at training camp and the draft party. Its been quite some time since any quality game used gear was made available. Most recent years its been left over autograph memorabilia of players that have left the team and training gear . They normally post the sale on their training camp schedule as "locker room sale".

Sometimes its been opening day of training camp, last day of camp, and middle of camp. Best to check the training camp schedule and look for the locker rm sale . If they do offer one.... A line will form at the gate 2-3 hours prior to opening and there will be a mad dash to the store of about 20-30 people. Any jersey will be gone in seconds.

In terms of Autographs, they have tickets that they hand out to kids under 12 . There are a few autograph tents spaced pretty far apart. One day I had a game used jersey that I wanted to get signed . I was able to position myself close enough to ask the player politely if when he was finished with the kids if he would mind signing his game worn jersey I purchased. He was so excited to see a fan with his game jersey that he actually spent 5 minutes with me and thanked me . To this day it remains one of my favorite jerseys.

If you are just looking for random autographs they are far and few between. They do a good job of keeping the players away from the crowds. In fact... You might be better off camping out in the parking lot/street where players pull in/out of facility. They seem to stop and sign a few there.

Hope this helps!