Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Alex Torres 21 June 2014 cap

Did the Padres put the cap up for sale? Did it get flagged for the Hall of Fame?
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Re: Alex Torres 21 June 2014 cap

The Padres have not put it up for sale. I am not sure what is going to happen to it. If we have a chance to request it at some point we will. I didn't get much backstory on it because I was at the game and didn't get to hear what they were saying about it.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
      • Feb 2014

That would be interesting if they don't send it to the HOF, since I can't see it generating THAT much value on the secondary market, but it's important for historians.

Comment

• Wrigley2010
        • Sep 2010

Considering it was the first time this type of hat has been worn I think the value on the secondary market may surprise you. I know I would love to have it!

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Wrigley2010
          Considering it was the first time this type of hat has been worn I think the value on the secondary market may surprise you. I know I would love to have it!
          I suppose. My thinking was it wouldn't fetch more than $250 on the secondary market, which makes it fall in the range of items I'd think would go straight to the HOF.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
            • Jun 2010

A follow up, the hat is now on display at the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The latest display in the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum's "Today's Game" exhibit features a piece of equipment that's intended to prevent a batted ball from having much effect at all.
            Cheers,
            Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
            My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

Working...