PDA

View Full Version : Any good pickups from White Sox garage sale

stasman
06-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Any good things for sale? Or way to crowded and expensive?

helf35
06-22-2014, 09:19 PM
I picked up a hammered dunn bat, 12' home jersey. Also my Avisail stuff I posted earlier. Daniel Webb st. Pattys jersey from his first career strikeout game.

helf35
06-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Funny story I was standing at the bat table trying to figure out which Dunn bat I was going to purchase when the guy threw down about 5 chandler bats on the table. My eyes lit up like I was 5 and Santa was strolling through my house. When I grabbed 2 very quickly it hit me they were Marcus Semien bats. Biggest let down ever!

Wrigley2010
06-22-2014, 09:48 PM
What kind of prices did they have on their game used stuff?

helf35
06-22-2014, 11:24 PM
$10 alternate spring training jerseys they were black alternate style. I got my Avisail for $100 so i felt that was a steal. The others were the same. Sale St. Patty's day was $1500, Thome was the same and so was a Konerko. Most Jerseys were around $200. Bats were a little high for most I wasnt paying $150 for an Eaton. There were some decent prices on things but some were a little high about like usual. I think if you came in after the first wave there wasnt much left. They did have military for $100 but they were all bp or players like Wise.

stasman
06-23-2014, 09:01 AM
$10 alternate spring training jerseys they were black alternate style. I got my Avisail for $100 so i felt that was a steal. The others were the same. Sale St. Patty's day was $1500, Thome was the same and so was a Konerko. Most Jerseys were around $200. Bats were a little high for most I wasnt paying $150 for an Eaton. There were some decent prices on things but some were a little high about like usual. I think if you came in after the first wave there wasnt much left. They did have military for $100 but they were all bp or players like Wise.

Any Abreu stuff available? Just curious on what they were charging

helf35
06-23-2014, 09:02 AM
One thing I did notice is the Sox are getting better about authenticating items. 2 or 3 years ago you might not even find a single jersey and now most of the newer ones had stickers on them. About 65% of the bats looked authenticated this year which in my personal opinion is a huge step up. I still do not believe they have a person back there who really knows much about this stuff I think they just throw some people back there and call it a day.

helf35
06-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Any Abreu stuff available? Just curious on what they were charging
Zilch! Not many 2014 items other than a couple bats. The kept adding stuff in the bat department and when i decided to go back in and look around one more time there were some 2014 bats available. There were Eaton and Semien bats authenticated from this year. Thats how I ended up with my Garcia bat. If they have another sale like last year at the end of the year you might be able to stumble on one. If not looks like next years soxfest before you get one.

helf35
06-23-2014, 09:15 AM
FYI if anyone here is looking for something I would more than happy to pick an item up for no charge. I go every year and I love picking up items even if its not for me.

stasman
06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
FYI if anyone here is looking for something I would more than happy to pick an item up for no charge. I go every year and I love picking up items even if its not for me.

I went one year but was so far back in the line we ended up leaving before we got in... What time do you get there to make it in?

helf35
06-23-2014, 10:15 AM
I went one year but was so far back in the line we ended up leaving before we got in... What time do you get there to make it in?
7:30 i was at the end of the first wave in so prob 50 deep or so. seems like most people showed up about 10 min after me. I had checked out by 9:45 went to go back in because i was holding to much stuff and had to wait till about 11 to get back in. I sat in my car emailing people from here about the sale until i went back in and found some more items. Really they had some better bats out there when I went back in. Who knows maybe they threw up some Abreu bats at the end when most people there would not spend that much. Judging by years past prices I could see Abreu bats at 4-500. Mlb authenticated to me would be a steal. Most people who go to those sales after all the dealers leave would not even spend that much. I couldnt imagine what a bat of his authenticated would go for on mlb auctions.

stasman
06-23-2014, 05:17 PM
7:30 i was at the end of the first wave in so prob 50 deep or so. seems like most people showed up about 10 min after me. I had checked out by 9:45 went to go back in because i was holding to much stuff and had to wait till about 11 to get back in. I sat in my car emailing people from here about the sale until i went back in and found some more items. Really they had some better bats out there when I went back in. Who knows maybe they threw up some Abreu bats at the end when most people there would not spend that much. Judging by years past prices I could see Abreu bats at 4-500. Mlb authenticated to me would be a steal. Most people who go to those sales after all the dealers leave would not even spend that much. I couldnt imagine what a bat of his authenticated would go for on mlb auctions.

Thanks

chakes89
06-23-2014, 06:47 PM
They had $10 jerseys? I'm not a White Sox fan but even I couldn't pass on one at that price if I had the chance.

helf35
06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
They had $10 jerseys? I'm not a White Sox fan but even I couldn't pass on one at that price if I had the chance.

Looked to be spring training alternate. The ones that come to mind were Mitchell #55 and Thompson #46.