To stepback2000 and newbies..the more things change....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeleraddict
    • Nov 2012

To stepback2000 and newbies..the more things change....

Hi guys,
    I've been gone awhile. Redirected to a couple other hobbies. Wanted to see what I've missed. So the first two threads, "mike Schmidt bats" and "cracked bats" I click on I see not much has changed since I've been gone.

Stepback2000's first post is a legitimate question and, well, you see the response he gets. Don't blame him if he doesn't participate let alone come back again.

Then 3arod who has many posts, great contributor, asks a question. Received nice replies in the first 3 posts then someone chiming in basically saying go somewhere else to look up the answer..google.

So to the newbies. This use to be a great forum. May still be. But don't let an
    ignorant few drive you away. As it has me and many others. Some being great contributors with a wealth a knowledge that I always enjoyed and learned from. Just glancing thru I see that posters with quality pics, great collections haven't posted in awhile. I still privately keep in contact with some and they echo my sentiments. But others, i only had contact through here. This may be a little of a rant but it just comes from disappointment. Oh well.

Anyways I see a lot of great gear being bought out there. I hope that it gets shared with some of us here in GUU. And some of the big name contributors come back and share their collections and knowledge.
  • nickacs
    • Apr 2009

Re: To stepback2000 and newbies..the more things change....

Nice to see you post again! Always loved seeing your awesome stuff
    Yea, definitely the same 'ol place. There's always a couple in the crowd still here that make it so difficult to even create a post without people either shutting you down, making fun of you or telling you your just wrong, but your not.

I still value some people's posts but it's definitely not like years ago, unfortunately.

Hope you continue to post and we get to see more of your incredible pick-ups!

Comment

• helf35
      • Jul 2013

I do not understand why people feel the need to put down others especially when they are asking a question. Only way to get the answer is to ask. I post alot of my pick ups on here but there are tons of things im still very new at. I did not start getting deep into game used items until a few years ago when I discovered this site. For me my only avenue for aquiring items was through the White Sox garage sales and ebay. I still have lots of questions on tagging and some of the charactaristics on older bats. For me i pretty much only collect White Sox items and i know what to look for but for instance my Chris Sale Glove i really I had no idea. For me personally I can care less if you want to put something of mine down or call my questions stupid I am going to continue to ask and post because thats the only way im going to continue to learn. I know my grammar sucks for the most part so if you want to bring that down as well more power to you. It is a shame to think how many people have been turned away due to being insulted or embarrased. You never know how many items we will never get to see or have a chance to pick up with the people who felt turned away. I would really like to get into collecting some bears jersey's but i tend to just watch that thread from a distance because it looks like nothing but a blood bath of insults and put downs.

Comment

• sprint23
        • Jun 2012

As a "newbie" on here I would like to thank you gentlemen for echoing some of my own thoughts regarding certain posters. The "cracked bats" thread in particular reinforced the rather sarcastic and insulting tone that a few people on here seem to take. This is a great place filled with members that have a wealth of information. However, it can make it difficult to gain insight and further your own knowledge on a subject if you fear asking questions due to a select few. Thanks again.

Comment

• Samets
          • Apr 2012

It is what it is on here... I no longer post about my Chicago Bears GU due to a few bad apples on this forum... Which also means, I don't post here much at all... Seems like way too many people with multiple accounts pimping their own stuff and putting down everyone who doesn't agree with their views...

There are other forums where rules and tolerance to bullies varies... I hope everyone finds a forum where you can show and ask without feeling like the the next poster will rip into you...

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Samets
            It is what it is on here... I no longer post about my Chicago Bears GU due to a few bad apples on this forum... Which also means, I don't post here much at all... Seems like way too many people with multiple accounts pimping their own stuff and putting down everyone who doesn't agree with their views...

There are other forums where rules and tolerance to bullies varies... I hope everyone finds a forum where you can show and ask without feeling like the the next poster will rip into you...
            I understand just how you feel. Sad to say, but I've stopped posting my acquisitions on Game Used Universe, as well. It's not unusual after I post my new items that I will get a private email - for no reason - ripping into me for whatever I've acquired. The latest person called me a lesbian, taunted me about my looks, and accused me of being a moocher who contributes nothing to society.

Most of us would prefer not to be harassed. So, I will enjoy my items privately and share them with my friends off the forum. No need to post them here.
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• GoTigers
              • Aug 2007

Les, I hope you contact Chris or the Mods. That member should be banned.
              Thanks,
              Jimmy

Email:
              jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Comment

• Samets
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by frikativ54
                I understand just how you feel. Sad to say, but I've stopped posting my acquisitions on Game Used Universe, as well. It's not unusual after I post my new items that I will get a private email - for no reason - ripping into me for whatever I've acquired. The latest person called me a lesbian, taunted me about my looks, and accused me of being a moocher who contributes nothing to society.

Most of us would prefer not to be harassed. So, I will enjoy my items privately and share them with my friends off the forum. No need to post them here.

I haven't gotten any e-mails but I've gotten some feedback from a forum member through eBay messaging system...

It's not nice but I can post a pic with user name grayed out if anyone wants to see it...

Comment

• emann
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Samets
                  I haven't gotten any e-mails but I've gotten some feedback from a forum member through eBay messaging system...

It's not nice but I can post a pic with user name grayed out if anyone wants to see it...
                  I gotta ask why you would gray out the user name? If they actually took time to write it, they should own it. Same with the person who send harassing emails to frikativ54... I think the mods should ban away. Tons more collectors out there who don't even know this forum exists, might be worth weeding out the ones who can't play nice.

Comment

• paul457
                    • Dec 2012

Don't let the keyboard warriors ruin your time here. Keep in mind that 99% of the comments they make, are comments that they would NEVER say to someone's face. Unfortunately the internet gives cowards a voice, and they can type whatever they want without the fear of getting popped in the mouth.

The more you feed the trolls, the more they come back. Ignore the trolls and stay engaged with the true collectors here, in the end it will benefit you and the trolls will find there way back to the rock that they crawled out from.
                    WTB -
                    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
                    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
                    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

• Nnunnari
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2006

You didn't last very long in the other hobbies Steeleraddict, guess it's not that bad over here after all. We all missed your entertaining posts, welcome back.

Comment

• esquiresports
                        • Mar 2012

Hey there. Welcome back. I sent you my email in your main game used thread a while back. Or you can also message me. Good to see you back in time for football season.

Comment

• Wrigley2010
                          • Sep 2010

If a post doesn't add any "value" to the topic then why post?? This is my rule of thumb. Also, if you're giving an opinion or answering a question please be educated on the topic. Too many times someone posts just for the sake of padding their number of posts or so it seems. I agree 100% that the forum has definitely lost some great members or at least they don't post as often or share their collections with us any longer. Everyone needs to start being more accountable for what they type and only then will this forum continue to grow in a positive way.

Comment

• Samets
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by emann
                            I gotta ask why you would gray out the user name? If they actually took time to write it, they should own it. Same with the person who send harassing emails to frikativ54... I think the mods should ban away. Tons more collectors out there who don't even know this forum exists, might be worth weeding out the ones who can't play nice.
                            I have no problem posting the whole screen grab:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Samets
                              • Apr 2012

Hmm... iPhone screen grab looks too small to read...

Here's a screen grab from the PC:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...