PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch?

Eric
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Our friend Suave asked if I could post some photos for him. He was wondering if people think this bat is a photomatch.

http://shutter10.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/10/00A/6F/B8/AD/6D/QCPW9jH15uq+tzNH1SNdMG3InwUfsp060300.jpg

http://shutter07.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/08/003/7B/FD/39/DB/aXyqyqPLWVdKX-GZDDMs+3LCnrQ1tyoy0300.jpg

http://shutter08.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/10/005/3F/FF/22/E4/Xu24ddsqlAmTjTchqXE5Rt+81zSHswAy0252.jpg

kylehess10
12-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Kinda hard to tell from those pictures. Do you have any pics showing the entire bat?

suave1477
12-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Kylehess I will send some pictures to you later tonight so you can give your opinion I do believe though if you pay close attention to the Getty Photo and judge by the markings on the bat and the locations of the Markings it is a dead on hit.

suave1477
12-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Refresh!!!

Does any other members have any opinions I would really like to know your thoughts? I believe it is a photomatch!!!

Swoboda4
12-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Let's see the handle with the tape job ,that will best answer it.

CansecoPower33
12-23-2006, 11:26 PM
That bat looks like something Julio has been using since his rookie year. It looks good at first glance, but the handle shot should help, and one with the barrel in the same position as Franco's holding it.

jessicawinters
12-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Inconclusive. Poor photo. No discernable identifying marks.

suave1477
12-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Inconclusive. Poor photo. No discernable identifying marks.

I sent more photos to Eric to post here for me

Jessica Winters Poor Photos? they are close ups how much better do you want? No discernale identifying markings????? theres like 3 of them that are easily identifiable

metsbats
12-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I think it's really close but the bat in the photo seems to have more pine tar covering the oval Rawlings label verses the bat in the Julio Franco photograph. Also I see what looks like a black rack mark on the end of the barrel which is not present on the actual bat. However it's not say the photo was taken earlier and the bat was used more afterwards. I think that's one thing to consider with photo matching is the timing of the photo of the item was taken and the time the item got into your hands. If you are looking for a bat which exemplifies the type of use on a Julio Franco 2006 bat then I'd say you definitely have a match.

Happy Holidays to all.

David

suave1477
12-25-2006, 02:59 AM
I think it's really close but the bat in the photo seems to have more pine tar covering the oval Rawlings label verses the bat in the Julio Franco photograph. Also I see what looks like a black rack mark on the end of the barrel which is not present on the actual bat. However it's not say the photo was taken earlier and the bat was used more afterwards. I think that's one thing to consider with photo matching is the timing of the photo of the item was taken and the time the item got into your hands. If you are looking for a bat which exemplifies the type of use on a Julio Franco 2006 bat then I'd say you definitely have a match.

Happy Holidays to all.

David

MetsBats that is partly my point with this bat, as you said yes this I believe is the same exact bat but was still continously used after the Getty Photo was taken. You also mentioned the rack mark if you pay close attention to my photos actually the rack mark is there but looks like from use some of it has been scraped away. But there is one big tale tell sign to me that links this bat also, if you notice there is a dark pine tar spot right over the oval which matches both my photos and Gettys.

metsbats
12-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I just noticed the white scratch going across the bat in the getty photo and the bat in the photo. I 'd say that would be another thing which would make this a photo match.

-David