PDA

View Full Version : White sox bat help for a friend

wildjimmy
07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I have a friend who picked up a bat from White sox Spring training and he is having a hard time identifying who used the bat/who was it made for.

"hey. wondering if I can pick ur brain on something. I have a Louisville slugger from white sox spring training. its the new style Louisville slugger with box around it. it says Chicago white sox on it. but instead of the name it says "bass slayer" its a 34.5. any idea whose it is?"

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

PAC
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
After much research, the only 2 possible leads I came up with both point to Gordon Beckham:

1. he's an avid bass fisherman, and has taken several of his teammates on fishing trips
2. friends claim his college nickname was "ass slayer" because he was such a hit with the ladies

I found several photos of him swinging Louisville Sluggers, but you can't make out the name on the barrel.
Is there not a number on either end?

helf35
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
After much research, the only 2 possible leads I came up with both point to Gordon Beckham:

1. he's an avid bass fisherman, and has taken several of his teammates on fishing trips
2. friends claim his college nickname was "ass slayer" because he was such a hit with the ladies

I found several photos of him swinging Louisville Sluggers, but you can't make out the name on the barrel.
Is there not a number on either end?

I agree but there have been alot of outdoorsman who have played on the Sox as of late.

wildjimmy
07-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys. He wasn't sure if it could be a minor leaguer either. Here is a pic

helf35
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Is there any kind of writing on either end of the bat?

wildjimmy
07-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Is AA initials?