Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KGoldin
    • Sep 2012

Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Gregory Polanco MLB Debut jersey sold for $26,000

Here is Clayton Kershaw's MLB Debut Game Used Jersey, Photo matched, signed, inscribed, etc.

CURRENT BID $7500.
    I dunno...its a tough call isn't it......
  • xsentrixsupra
    • Feb 2014

Re: Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Not a tough choice for me! LA kid.....Kershaw all the way

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

Re: Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Mariano Rivera's 2001 WS jersey over both of them, its a part of history....

Comment

• Phil316
        • May 2013

Kershaw

Comment

• PAC
          Banned
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by CollectGU
          Mariano Rivera's 2001 WS jersey over both of them, its a part of history....
          A or B question, and you pick Z. I bet you did great in school.

Comment

• KGoldin
            • Sep 2012

the question was a but rhetorical
            If we poll all 9000 registered members, I can't think one sane one would say " I would rather have the polanco" or think that Polanco is a better long term investment then the Kershaw.
            I Thorpe the Kershaw goes for $40k....but perhaps maybe a GUU member will get lucky on it with all the focus on Babe Ruth

Comment

• bigben7
              • Feb 2010

I would rather have the Polanco over the Kershaw. Pitchers have too much of a risk. I keep on thinking about Mark Prior and even Strasburg has not been living up to the hype. There is too much of a risk getting hurt and just being average at best.

Comment

• Hoosier39
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bigben7
                I would rather have the Polanco over the Kershaw. Pitchers have too much of a risk. I keep on thinking about Mark Prior and even Strasburg has not been living up to the hype. There is too much of a risk getting hurt and just being average at best.

Kershaw isn't avg, nor will he be. He's already a winner and will get more hardware to add for the next 15 yrs. injuries can happen to anyone.

Kershaw all the way. Polanco has proved nothing yet. Even if he turns into a McCutchen, you're looking at what, a $1,000 jersey?

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bigben7
                  Ummm to each his own
                  5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Hoosier39
                    Kershaw isn't avg, nor will he be. He's already a winner and will get more hardware to add for the next 15 yrs. injuries can happen to anyone.

Kershaw all the way. Polanco has proved nothing yet. Even if he turns into a McCutchen, you're looking at what, a $1,000 jersey?
                    Kershaw *could* turn into Lincecum. Also, I doubt that people are speculating on Polanco's ceiling being McCutchen. They're probably expecting Vladimir Guerrero or Dave Winfield as a floor, and Hank Aaron as the ceiling. In any event, the rumor was that the Pirates players won the auction so that Polanco could keep his debut jersey. I thought that was a very nice sentiment, and does explain the hammer price.

Kershaw has already had a back injury and a hip injury. He's managed to rehab through both, but the history of injury is there. So, one really never knows where Kershaw's career will vector until it's over.

Comment

• KGoldin
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
                      Kershaw *could* turn into Lincecum. Also, I doubt that people are speculating on Polanco's ceiling being McCutchen. They're probably expecting Vladimir Guerrero or Dave Winfield as a floor, and Hank Aaron as the ceiling. In any event, the rumor was that the Pirates players won the auction so that Polanco could keep his debut jersey. I thought that was a very nice sentiment, and does explain the hammer price.

Kershaw has already had a back injury and a hip injury. He's managed to rehab through both, but the history of injury is there. So, one really never knows where Kershaw's career will vector until it's over.
                      i will tell you this
                      Not that either of them will ever be traded, but if there was completely free trade with no refusals of trades by players allowed, I do not think there is a single player in baseball the dodgers, or any team in baseball would accept in trade for Kershaw with the possibility of. Mike trout and that's it....and I doubt the dodgers would take trout even up for Kershaw......

Comment

• Chess2899
                        • Feb 2014

As an avid Greg Maddux collector and with a high degree of baseball knowledge, Kershaw is the next King of the Hill.
                        However, you should all ignore this jersey for the following reasons:

1. Uniform number has changed from his rookie year and this uniform will mess up any uniform display you might create.
                        2. He is injury prone and a poor investment risk.
                        3. His signature sucks just like Maddux.
                        4. Prices on game used items are sky high right now and the buyer of this jersey will take a loss in 5 years, so be patient until then.
                        5. I had a talk with Kershaw while he was in rehab in Chattanooga, and he has other plans for the future, so his playing days will be limited mimicking Koufax.
                        6. He won't win 355 games like Maddux and Maddux's jersey is just at $1700 in the auction.
                        7. Most importantly, I am bidding on the Kershaw jersey, so you all keep your greedy little paws off it.

Chess

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by KGoldin
                          i will tell you this
                          Not that either of them will ever be traded, but if there was completely free trade with no refusals of trades by players allowed, I do not think there is a single player in baseball the dodgers, or any team in baseball would accept in trade for Kershaw with the possibility of. Mike trout and that's it....and I doubt the dodgers would take trout even up for Kershaw......
                          I can almost guarantee that the Dodgers would take Trout straight-up for Kershaw, even if that meant five OFs for the moment.

2015-2021 Kershaw salary: $193mm with possible opt-out after 2018.
                          2015-2021 Trout salary: $144.5mm with no opt-out options.

That extra $48.5mm would go a long way when trying to get rid of Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford and Andre Ethier. They could package two of those to the Mariners plus some cash and land King Felix and a prospect or two.

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

How about neither jersey because their not worth the price they go for. Neither player will end up being a top 10 or 20 all time player.

Comment

• KGoldin
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by yanks12025
                              How about neither jersey because their not worth the price they go for. Neither player will end up being a top 10 or 20 all time player.
                              First off, I disagree and think Kershaw will retire easily a top 20 all time pitcher if not top 10' and top 3 of past 50 years. Yes, I am very high on him

Second: the logic of "top ten all time" doesn't hold water in value. You think Derek Jeter is top 40 all time let alone top 20?
                              I don't
                              But he has fans and is loved and collected

Comment

Working...