Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vince182
    • Jan 2014

Wtb: on deck circle

Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Re: Wtb: on deck circle

Simply due to the size of these things, your best bet would likely be to contact the team/stadium and ask what they'd sell/freight the item to you for.

Comment

• lakeerie92
      • Oct 2008

I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.
      Russell Wuerffel
      Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
      lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• vince182
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by lakeerie92
        I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.
        how are they on weight? just an estimate? ive honestly never touched/picked one up, i just kind of assumed they werent super heavy and flexible?

Comment

• emann
          • Nov 2008

Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.

Comment

• vince182
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by emann
            Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.
            I appreciate the help!

Comment

• lakeerie92
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by emann
              Ours probably weigh between 200-250 lbs. The grounds crew still uses one that is similar size and weight and they put a pole in the center and use two people to lift the pole to pick them up off the cart they put them on. I have seen lighter ones, but ours is definitely not 20lbs.
              Russell Wuerffel
              Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
              lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• The natural
                Banned
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by vince182
                Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?
                I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
                MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

Comment

• vince182
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by The natural
                  I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
                  MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae
                  sent, thanks a lot!

Comment

• cfern023
                    • Aug 2012

Be careful- he's already getting a reputation for changing the price after deals have been agreed to.

Comment

• jwal23
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cfern023
                      Be careful- he's already getting a reputation for changing the price after deals have been agreed to.
                      hahaha, I wish we had a "like" button like facebook
                      Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
                      txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by cfern023
                        I was wondering about the fact that his email domain is Highland Mint. I'm pretty sure they're one of the companies notorious for making "commemorative" items that are basically worthless.

Comment

• helf35
                          • Jul 2013

Tigers are selling one on mlb auctions.

Comment

• vince182
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by helf35
                            Tigers are selling one on mlb auctions.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auct...ctionId=256446
                            thanks for the heads up! ill keep an eye on this one, while im looking for just a regular "team logo" one, i wont pass up any opportunity for a gu circle!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...