PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: on deck circle

vince182
07-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?

danesei@yahoo.com
07-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Simply due to the size of these things, your best bet would likely be to contact the team/stadium and ask what they'd sell/freight the item to you for.

lakeerie92
07-06-2014, 12:01 AM
I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.

vince182
07-06-2014, 01:15 AM
I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.

how are they on weight? just an estimate? ive honestly never touched/picked one up, i just kind of assumed they werent super heavy and flexible?

emann
07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.

vince182
07-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.

I appreciate the help!

lakeerie92
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM

Ours probably weigh between 200-250 lbs. The grounds crew still uses one that is similar size and weight and they put a pole in the center and use two people to lift the pole to pick them up off the cart they put them on. I have seen lighter ones, but ours is definitely not 20lbs.

The natural
07-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?

I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

vince182
07-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

sent, thanks a lot!

cfern023
07-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Be careful- he's already getting a reputation for changing the price after deals have been agreed to.

jwal23
07-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Be careful- he's already getting a reputation for changing the price after deals have been agreed to.

hahaha, I wish we had a "like" button like facebook

danesei@yahoo.com
07-10-2014, 11:53 PM

I was wondering about the fact that his email domain is Highland Mint. I'm pretty sure they're one of the companies notorious for making "commemorative" items that are basically worthless.

helf35
07-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Tigers are selling one on mlb auctions.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=256446

vince182
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Tigers are selling one on mlb auctions.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=256446

thanks for the heads up! ill keep an eye on this one, while im looking for just a regular "team logo" one, i wont pass up any opportunity for a gu circle!

Thanks everyone!