PDA

View Full Version : Black Commemorative World Series Bats

ballofbases@hotmail.com
12-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I was looking for any information on the history of these bats. The biggest thing I am interested in are the production numbers from each year they were produced. I have heard around 150 were made each year for players, executives, and family members. Does anyone have any insight on this??? Please let me know. Thanks!

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

ironmanfan
12-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I took a look at my reference library & found a pretty detailed article from SCD dated 12/29/95 related to this subject (Dave Bushing author). The first set of bats issued were in 1934 (although through 1938 they were actually brown in color). In 1939, the championship description began appearing in green. As far as production numbers, the article states that the pre-1940 bats were made in quantities under 100 and those thereafter quantities around 200. Hope this points you in the right direction.

ballofbases@hotmail.com
12-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. That does help out a lot. I have always been interested in these bats and wanted to know more history behind them. Do you happen to know why they discontinued making them for the players and executives???

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com