PDA

View Full Version : Signed Inscribed Commemorative Baseballs

dplettn
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Does anybody have insight/opinions where and in what direction on a commemorative baseball a signature and inscription looks best?

For example, lets say a commemorative ball was an RBI hit and you want to display it after the player signs and inscribes it. Where/how would the player best sign and inscribe it? Sweet spot signature with an inscription on an angle next to the commemorative insignia? Other ideas?

My favorite style signature inscriptions on non-commemorative baseballs do not allow the commemorative insignia to be seen in same view as any of the factory print/insignia on the baseball.

danesei@yahoo.com
07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Usually, the special balls (ASG, WS, commems) are side-panel signed to display the special panel, with the signature below that. This orientation makes for the clearest display of the special panel. The additional bonus of the side panel is more perceived room for the inscription to be written in.

DJaeger22
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I had Manny Machado sign a Camden Yards 20th anniversary ball under the special logo that looks pretty good. I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow afternoon.

dplettn
07-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Thank you gentlemen!

sportsnbikes
08-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Commemorative balls you want the signature underneath the logo always. Regular ball of course sweet spot.