PDA

View Full Version : Alfonso Soriano 40-40-40

rbalm
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
To allstarplus,

I commend you on your achievement of purchasing the balls and bases from all the games. But I need to know, did you purchase THE second base that Soriano hit his double when he played the Mets. Did you buy it from Steiner? The reason why I am asking is that supposedly I bought THE base from Steiner. An email went out to their client base, I was the first to respond, paid for it, and was sent a base. When Soriano went to the Cubs, I gave the base a closer inspection and lo and be hold, the base they sent me was from the wrong game. Months had passed and apparently they had sold THE base to someone else. Just wondering did you order the base before the email was sent to their client base? (If you are even on their mailing list) I am not angry with you if you do indeed own this base, just trying to find out how the base was sold from under me. Steiner told me that they made an honest mistake and someone sent me the wrong base (obviously!) I asked them to approach their client to buy it back from them but they said that individual wanted to much for the base. I am still negotiating with Steiner in hopes of purchasing a Milestone piece of memorabilia. They seem to be trying to right a wrong but seem overvalued on some of their items they have shown me.

Has anyone else had this type of problem with Steiner?

Thanks
Adam

allstarsplus
12-21-2006, 10:24 PM
To allstarplus,

I commend you on your achievement of purchasing the balls and bases from all the games. But I need to know, did you purchase THE second base that Soriano hit his double when he played the Mets. Did you buy it from Steiner? The reason why I am asking is that supposedly I bought THE base from Steiner. An email went out to their client base, I was the first to respond, paid for it, and was sent a base.

Thanks
Adam Adam - Yes I got the base. I preordered all the bases from the Nationals Mets series prior to the beginning of the series as there were 2 milestones I was thinking of which was Soriano's 40th double and Ryan Zimmerman's 100th RBI.

I did the same thing before the season with the Yankees and got real lucky as I got the Home Plate from Derek Jeter's 2000th hit game.

I have done the same with other teams too and have dozens of bases and balls that are generally worth very little, and some that have become great collectibles. Its a gamble that I have been willing to do from time to time.

Has anyone else had this type of problem with Steiner?
Yes, I actually wrote about this earlier today that they have so many sales people within different divisions that the exact thing has happened to me.

The most recent incident was some playoff jerseys that I pre-ordered and were told they never received them from the team.

Andrew
info@AllstarsPlus.com

rbalm
12-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Andrew,

Thanks for the information. Adds more fuel to the fire when I get back to them. They already had the base presold and then offer it again to the public. Smooth. Thanks for sharing this information. Boy was I disappointed when I looked behind the base and saw the date 9-24.

Happy Holidays
Adam

allstarsplus
12-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Andrew,

Thanks for the information. Adds more fuel to the fire when I get back to them. They already had the base presold and then offer it again to the public. Smooth. Thanks for sharing this information. Boy was I disappointed when I looked behind the base and saw the date 9-24.

Happy Holidays
Adam Adam - I just went through my email archive and my order was confirmed on September 20th. The 40th double game was Sept 22nd.
Mistakes happen which certainly doesn't make you feel much better when you obviously thought you were the recipient of the base too.

My only fear when I saw the game on TV was that Alfonso was going to take the base like he did when he stole his 40th base.

I have a huge collection of Soriano game used cleats, balls, bats, jerseys, and some fantastic unused 40-40 signed Red alternate
jerseys so if you are interested, let me know.

Andrew