X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Dave Winfield bat

I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts/opinions on this bat:

Bid on (HOF) Dave Winfield 1980s Professional Model Baseball Bat online at Everything But The House. Bidding on most items starts at $1.

The site itself has some intriguing items (Mullins warm-up jacket, 1974 Reds signed baseball) currently, but I was hoping for opinions on the bat.
  • MSpecht
    • Oct 2005

Re: Dave Winfield bat

This is a professional model bat modeled and manufactured by Hillerich & Bradsby to the specifications of Hall of Famer Dave Winfield for his personal professional use. Winfield only ordered the Model W277 twice in his entire career, specifically on 2/14/1984 (35.5 inches / 32.5 oz / Hickory finish / 12 bats) and again on 4/13/1984 (35.5 inches / 34 oz / Hickory finish / 24 bats.) Not withstanding a review of the game use characteristics of this bat, the estimated value of this bat would likely be in the $350.00 to $500.00 range.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
      • Feb 2014

Thanks Mike. I was hoping to get order information. I tried asking Tyler, but all he had was the same info in the Malta book, which didn't give a breakdown.

Comment

• MSpecht
        • Oct 2005

No problem...glad to help. I hope you are the one who got this $ 41.00 steal.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by MSpecht
          No problem...glad to help. I hope you are the one who got this $ 41.00 steal.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
          I ended up getting it from that buyer for $60 shipped, so essentially, yeah.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
            • Feb 2014

34.1 oz, so I guess mine was a part of the 13 Apr '84 order.

Comment

Working...