PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions

dougiedshow
07-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow, some items are already reaching the crazy prices only Goldin seems to get... I'm pretty sure the consignor of the Trout bat is thrilled. I've still got my eye on some bargains... I think tomorrow will be exciting!

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
...I'm pretty sure the consignor of the Trout bat is thrilled...
Don't all Trout bats currently sell for that amount :)

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Well, the same bat was listed for $3999 and ended with no bids, so Demers is probably pleased with the $7000 sale. :D

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, the same bat was listed for $3999 and ended with no bids, so Demers is probably pleased with the $7000 sale. :D
I am presuming you as saying he listed it for $3,999 on eBay. Is that correct? Why anyone would EVER try to sell a desirable sports memorabilia item on eBay rather than consigning it to Goldin is beyond my understanding.

-Chris

Roady
07-18-2014, 08:51 AM
It's bad enough to get 2-3 emails a day from Golden Auctions but now they are calling?
Ease off the gas pedal a bit.

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 09:30 AM
It's bad enough to get 2-3 emails a day from Golden Auctions but now they are calling?
I think Goldin Auctions is going to keep contacting you until you spell their name correctly ;)

Phil316
07-18-2014, 10:19 AM
I think Goldin Auctions is going to keep contacting you until you spell their name correctly ;)

Awesome lol

Roady
07-18-2014, 10:31 AM

Just tell Ken he is Golden and he may forgive me.

Roady
07-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Awesome lol
You got something brown on your nose.:cool:

Phil316
07-18-2014, 11:11 AM
You got something brown on your nose.:cool:

I thought his comment was funny. Unlike your comment.

Roady
07-18-2014, 11:46 AM
I thought his comment was funny. Unlike your comment.

My comment was not meant to be funny.
It's annoying enough to get 2-3 emails a day about the same thing. But now they are calling.

You better hope Chris doesn't stop suddenly. You may need some help removing your head if he does.

Roady
07-18-2014, 11:48 AM
And just since Chris doesn't seem to care and you are some kind of fan boy I will end those annoying emails right now. Phone is already blocked.

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
And just since Chris doesn't seem to care...
Not sure what you are trying to say in your quote above. Not care about what? I certainly care about people bidding in Goldin Auctions as well as the consignors. Specifically:

1) Despite your comments, Goldin STILL has people who miss or forget to bid prior to the auction close; and

2) If I were a consignor, I would want to know the auction house I consigned with is doing everything they can to get bids for my item.

As for Phil, I am glad he thought the post was funny. It was a bit comical that despite your claim of too many emails you still did not know it was spelled 'Goldin.' Sorry if you took offense but, in my opinion, sometimes a little humor makes for good medicine for everyone.

-Chris

Roady
07-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Not sure what you are trying to say in your quote above. Not care about what? I certainly care about people bidding in Goldin Auctions as well as the consignors. Specifically:

1) Despite your comments, Goldin STILL has people who miss or forget to bid prior to the auction close; and

2) If I were a consignor, I would want to know the auction house I consigned with is doing everything they can to get bids for my item.

As for Phil, I am glad he thought the post was funny. It was a bit comical that despite your claim of too many emails you still did not know it was spelled 'Goldin.' Sorry if you took offense but, in my opinion, sometimes a little humor makes for good medicine for everyone.

-Chris

LOL I am laughing HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)
Laughter is good for the soul.

dougiedshow
07-18-2014, 04:21 PM
As a bidder, I can't tell you how many times I've been preoccupied and forgot to get a bid in before the initial deadline. I appreciate the reminders, I just delete auction house reminders if I'm already watching it like a hawk. I still remember the Marquis Grissom game worn jersey I forgot to get my bid in on...

Thanks for the reminders.

Plus I'm a consignor. So please remind people, again, about the Bonds, Yadi, Jeter, Billy Hamilton and Ortiz items you have...

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I am presuming you as saying he listed it for $3,999 on eBay. Is that correct? Why anyone would EVER try to sell a desirable sports memorabilia item on eBay rather than consigning it to Goldin is beyond my understanding.

-Chris
Yes. It was $3,999.99 on eBay and ended with no bids. Of course, that was on eBay... and that was without JT's LOA. Either way, with the asterisk and Trout's auto, the LOA seemed to be a formality, more than anything else... though that formality doubled the value, it seems. :D

ctguy212003
07-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Yes. It was $3,999.99 on eBay and ended with no bids. Of course, that was on eBay... and that was without JT's LOA. Either way, with the asterisk and Trout's auto, the LOA seemed to be a formality, more than anything else... though that formality doubled the value, it seems. :D

Dan thanks for the info but that was a rookie 2012 bat I owned that was a PSA 9 unsigned. The one in goldin is a 2013 signed PSA 10. I do appreciate you watching my auction though.

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Dan thanks for the info but that was a rookie 2012 bat I owned that was a PSA 9 unsigned. The one in goldin is a 2013 signed PSA 10. I do appreciate you watching my auction though.

I'm fairly certain that I'm not blind:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321455966696

As I said in the previous post, the Trout GU inscription and the * were probably enough to make the PSA GU10 a formality.

Phil316
07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
And just since Chris doesn't seem to care and you are some kind of fan boy I will end those annoying emails right now. Phone is already blocked.

I am a fan of "Goldin" Auctions. I like to deal with companies who care about what they are selling and care about their customers. :)

This is my last post regarding you and your inability to spell a simple name. :rolleyes:

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
In fact, here's the same bat for $3650, which CreelsGameday ended up ending early. I can only guess that the bat was sold to the consignor privately, since it was listed a short time later (and then relisting it in the link provided in the last post) by Demers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111346920968

Again, all I was saying was that Goldin + PSA GU10 resulted in a bat that couldn't sell for $3650 now selling for $9000+ ($7500+21% BP). I think it's wonderful for the consignor, and a great testament to the marketing power of Goldin.

hbrgrate
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Came across this Ruth piece I've seen go for a lot more and am seriously interested. Wondering if it looks good to you guys...

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=10686

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Came across this Ruth piece I've seen go for a lot more and am seriously interested. Wondering if it looks good to you guys...

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=10686

Given that it's in Goldin, I would say it's very likely authentic. That said, how would someone begin to authenticate something like that? It seems to be in a similar vein to "tokens" for numismatic collectibles. Generally speaking, the prices are low, since the demand side of the market always questions "How easy would that be to fake?"

ctguy212003
07-18-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm fairly certain that I'm not blind:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321455966696

As I said in the previous post, the Trout GU inscription and the * were probably enough to make the PSA GU10 a formality.

Again I appreciate your Intrest and homework but check all your dates how could I sell a bat that is in goldin and eBay at the same time. The one you saw on eBay is actual a PSA 9 and will be back up in a week or so. You are not blind just wrong. Thank you for your Intrest thank you goldin and thank you bidders. This is awesome!!

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Again I appreciate your Intrest and homework but check all your dates how could I sell a bat that is in goldin and eBay at the same time. The one you saw on eBay is actual a PSA 9 and will be back up in a week or so. You are not blind just wrong. Thank you for your Intrest thank you goldin and thank you bidders. This is awesome!!

If I'm wrong, you should revise your listing title, as it clearly says:

"Mike Trout 2013 GAME USED bat SIGNED and inscribed MLB Angels autograph MVP"

You should also change the images:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzEwWDk2MA==/z/xLQAAOSwFL9TtKDv/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/vnAAAOSwDk5TtKE5/$_57.JPG

If someone happened to win that bat, they'd be pretty mad when you send them a 2012 bat that's unsigned.

ctguy212003
07-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Really man. Are u going to keep going? I've owned 1 2012 bat and about 7 2013's. Goldin has had the perfect 10 since may. Those listings are from July. Please stop researching me and just bid. I'm not getting into a pissing match while you try to rain on the parade. Go bid on something

danesei@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Really man. Are u going to keep going? I've owned 1 2012 bat and about 7 2013's. Goldin has had the perfect 10 since may. Those listings are from July. Please stop researching me and just bid. I'm not getting into a pissing match while you try to rain on the parade. Go bid on something

I wasn't researching you. I was merely commenting on the bat sales, since Chris said that $7000 is normal for Trout gamers. I looked at the photos, and you're right that it's not the same bat, so I was mistaken. That said, you did claim that I was wrong on thinking a 2012 bat was a 2013 bat, which I wasn't.

KGoldin
07-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I can confirm we have had the bat since May

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 08:14 PM
I was merely commenting on the bat sales, since Chris said that $7000 is normal for Trout gamers.
Dane,

For the record, if you look at my post there is a :) next to my comment.

My question was a joke! I was highlighting the HUGE number the bat was getting.

-Chris

danesei@yahoo.com
07-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Congratulations to all the consignors and winners in the auction. I think it just ended. :D