Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportskansascity
    • Sep 2024

Deion sanders gu bat

I was wondering if anyone knew deion sanders gu bat characteristics. Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Re: Deion sanders gu bat

The only Taube authenticated bat that I found had "24" written on the knob and showed 15 grains. Your bat shows neither of these characteristics, so I'd guess it's not a gamer.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
      The only Taube authenticated bat that I found had "24" written on the knob and showed 15 grains. Your bat shows neither of these characteristics, so I'd guess it's not a gamer.
      Here is the LOA:

Comment

• Hoosier39
        • Jul 2013

So one of your reasonings for it not being a gamer is because it doesn't have 15 grains? You were only kidding right?

Comment

• Hoosier39
          • Jul 2013

Also too, the bat in question is a Reds bat. You are comparing this bat to a Braves bat. Kinda tough to do that since players/equipment managers change throughout the yrs.

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Hoosier39
            So one of your reasonings for it not being a gamer is because it doesn't have 15 grains? You were only kidding right?
            He is correct...little known fact, Deion would only accept bats that came from trees originating Fifteen Grain Forest, just Northwest of the Portland area. Neon was very particular on this aspect and would accept nothing less...

Comment

• Sportskansascity
              • Sep 2024

So this in all likely isn't a game used bat of deion?

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Hoosier39
                Also too, the bat in question is a Reds bat. You are comparing this bat to a Braves bat. Kinda tough to do that since players/equipment managers change throughout the yrs.
                I'm curious on how you know the bat in question is a Reds bat. The OP makes no mention of that. Also, 24 v 15 is kind of a large difference, but I suppose, if the bat in OP's post is from 2001, and the Braves bat is from the 1991 end of the 1991-1994 range, that's reasonable. I'm not being facetious here.

However, if the Braves bat is from 1994, and the OP's bat is from 1994/1995, that's a bit extreme for one or two years of separation in trees.

Heritage Auctions had a black Braves bat that had 14 grains.

I realize that members here enjoy mocking my thoughts on the number of grains/growth rings in the bat, but absent a huge disparity in ages of trees (younger trees would have more grains, since the rings would be theoretically narrower), I would think players would try to maintain consistency with their bats. If 14/15 grain bats were available in the mid-90s, it would have required a LOT of deforestation in the late-90s to make the only available bats 24 grains in 2001.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                  • Feb 2014

Disregard the comment about the bat being from the Reds. I found the listing on eBay.

Comment

• Hoosier39
                    • Jul 2013

So you still don't think it's a "gamer" then?

I'm curious on how you know the bat in question is a Reds bat. The OP makes no mention of that. Also, 24 v 15 is kind of a large difference, but I suppose, if the bat in OP's post is from 2001, and the Braves bat is from the 1991 end of the 1991-1994 range, that's reasonable. I'm not being facetious here.

However, if the Braves bat is from 1994, and the OP's bat is from 1994/1995, that's a bit extreme for one or two years of separation in trees.

Heritage Auctions had a black Braves bat that had 14 grains.

I realize that members here enjoy mocking my thoughts on the number of grains/growth rings in the bat, but absent a huge disparity in ages of trees (younger trees would have more grains, since the rings would be theoretically narrower), I would think players would try to maintain consistency with their bats. If 14/15 grain bats were available in the mid-90s, it would have required a LOT of deforestation in the late-90s to make the only available bats 24 grains in 2001.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                      • Feb 2014

Heritage sold a Cincinnati Sanders bat that said "Pop Sanders" on the barrel and 24 written on the knob:

The bat is a low grain count (13.5) knob, so I still haven't been able to find information to think the OP bat is a gamer. After looking at the eBay listing, at least I know it isn't a rookie era bat, as claimed by the seller:

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                        • Feb 2014

My mistake on the Heritage link. That's also a Braves bat. The Reds bat was in a Leland's auction:

Comment

• Hoosier39
                          • Jul 2013

Do you normally look at the number of grains to determine if a bat is good or not, because I respectfully disagree with you on this. I hope you do though, because your one less person bidding on the bats I want.

I guess I don't understand why you would come on here and say that you guess a bat isn't a "gamer" because the grain number isn't enough.

And you do realize Prime Time was one of his nicknames right? Just because his jersey number isn't on the knob doesn't mean the bat isn't a "gamer".

Do I think the bat is fine, yes I do. Am I 100% sure? Well of course not without having it in hand. But do research before you post, but in the last few months, your posts have been inaccurate and cause issues with deals. If you don't know what you're talking about, then don't post on the topic. At least ask questions if you aren't sure. I'm sorry, but your grain comment for your reasoning of it "I guess not being a gamer" is plain silly. The original poster would not have bid on the bat because of this. How frustrating.

Comment

• Nnunnari
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

Chris- I seriously ask that you ban Danesei from this forum. I am not going to torture myself and read all of his posts, but if you do, I am sure you will find the vast majority of his statements are factually incorrect.
                            His constant false claims are not only embarassing for the forum but could have serious consequences for people seeking answers/advice on their items. Many people assume the posters on here are experienced, knowledgable and credible collectors.
                            Danesei violates forum policy #17 almost 100% of the time.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                              Chris- I seriously ask that you ban Danesei from this forum. I am not going to torture myself and read all of his posts, but if you do, I am sure you will find the vast majority of his statements are factually incorrect.
                              His constant false claims are not only embarassing for the forum but could have serious consequences for people seeking answers/advice on their items. Many people assume the posters on here are experienced, knowledgable and credible collectors.
                              Danesei violates forum policy #17 almost 100% of the time.
                              I don't see how any of my posts are personal attacks, Nick. If anything, you would be violating Rule #17. I'm trying to help people better understand what things to look for. Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean they're intentionally hurting the hobby.

Comment

Working...