Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonM33
    • Oct 2006

My humble Jose Canseco game-used collection

Here's my collection as it currently looks. Keep in mind the jersey is a retail jersey. I just threw in for the visual impact.

• CansecoPower33
    • Oct 2006

Re: My humble Jose Canseco game-used collection

Nice gloves - they're the ones that sold on the ebay live auction?

If you can, email me a few closeup shots of the helmet and gloves.

Comment

• JasonM33
      • Oct 2006

Yep, those are the ones. I'll email some pics but I lost your email address. Send me a message when you get a chance and I'll send you the pics. Still trying to get my hands on a A's game used jersey.

jmeekins33@qwest.net

Comment

• mailman93
        • Nov 2005

nice batting helmet. there very hard to find, especially A's ones. keep the collection growing. take care Dan

Comment

• Snowbird
          • Jul 2006

I agree, great helmet and nice collection, good luck with your search for the jersey!

Comment

• GameBats
            • Nov 2005

Nice helmet. Could you please post photos of the #s on back and the inside of the helmet for reference.

Comment

• zonker
              • Sep 2006

great gloves! sweet, good luck on your collection & merry christmas

Comment

• JasonM33
                • Oct 2006

Thanks everyone. This pic is the best I can do for now. I need a new camera. I'f anyone can help me photomatch it I'd be gratefull.

Comment

• GrndSlm
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2006

Nice Helmet !! That helmet originally came from my office. I started working for Jose in the early 90"s with my marketing company (Grand Slam Marketing) before I became his agent and closed the marketing side. Jose was the first player that started marketing his game used stuff. He did this because after his 40/40 season he would get most or all of his bats stolen during most road trips. He asked the team for help on this and they just brushed it aside....Jose eventually got upset and started purchasing his gear himself. This way HE controlled were and how his items were protected. Once he started controlling his memorabilia then he started offering it to his fans !! It was never a money issue but Jose saw way to much fake items being sold to his fans. This became a trend with AROD, Jr. , Bonds and others to form the direct link from player to fans that you see today. Now, in my opinion, alot of the game used gear today is being mass produced which was not Jose's intention in the early 90's.
                  Have fun and enjoy the helmet !!! Do you still have the LOA from Grand Slam available?

Thanks,
                  Juan Iglesias
                  GrndSlm@aol.com

Comment

• CansecoPower33
                    • Oct 2006

Juan,

I know this has been asked a lot, but would you happen to have any Canseco game used items for sale or open to offers? There are plenty here interested.

Merry Christmas,

Joe

Comment

• JasonM33
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by GrndSlm
                      Nice Helmet !! That helmet originally came from my office. I started working for Jose in the early 90"s with my marketing company (Grand Slam Marketing) before I became his agent and closed the marketing side. Jose was the first player that started marketing his game used stuff. He did this because after his 40/40 season he would get most or all of his bats stolen during most road trips. He asked the team for help on this and they just brushed it aside....Jose eventually got upset and started purchasing his gear himself. This way HE controlled were and how his items were protected. Once he started controlling his memorabilia then he started offering it to his fans !! It was never a money issue but Jose saw way to much fake items being sold to his fans. This became a trend with AROD, Jr. , Bonds and others to form the direct link from player to fans that you see today. Now, in my opinion, alot of the game used gear today is being mass produced which was not Jose's intention in the early 90's.
                      Have fun and enjoy the helmet !!! Do you still have the LOA from Grand Slam available?

Thanks,
                      Juan Iglesias
                      GrndSlm@aol.com

Hi Juan,

Thanks for sharing that. I always look forward to your replys on Canseco threads.

The only LOA that I have for the helmet is roughly 5 by 7. It has a green border and an Oakland A's logo on the top left corner. It says "from the Desk of Jose Canseco and it's signed by him. He says that the helmet was used during the 1990 regular season. It doesn't mention Grand Slam specifically. Is this the one you are referring to or was there another LOA? I'm so thankfull to have this helmet. I love it.

Thanks

-Jason

Comment

• GrndSlm
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2006

Man, I really wanted to keep that helmet when I first saw it !!! I know exactly which item this is becasue Jose wrote the LOA from his own personal note pad. That is why you have the "from the desk of Jose Canseco" on it. We were not that advanced back then but the letter alone is a gem.....I think he only wrote a hand full of those letter before I started doing them in the computer on Grand Slam Marketing stationary. REALLY NICE !!!

thanks,
                        Juan Iglesias
                        GrndSlm@aol.lcom

P.S. I really dont have anything for sale. I kept all the Canseco stuff because it just has to many memories.

Comment

• GrndSlm
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2006

Also, look inside the helmet and you will see a circle stamped inside on the plastic. This will indicate the month and year the helmet was made!! Send me a pick and I will help you identify this information.

thanks,
                          Juan Iglesias
                          GrndSlm@aol.com

Comment

• CansecoPower33
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by GrndSlm
                            P.S. I really dont have anything for sale. I kept all the Canseco stuff because it just has to many memories.
                            I more than understand that.

Comment

• JasonM33
                              • Oct 2006

Thanks Juan! I'm going to try an get a good pic of the inside and send it to you. Once I do that I will have a question for you.

Take care.

-Jason

Comment

Working...