PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Murray photomatch help $$$

Sportskansascity
07-25-2014, 10:36 AM
I recently purchased a set of game worn spikes worn by Eddie Murray during the 1993 season from a former mets clubbie. I need help photomatching as I have no prior experience doing it. I have looked on getty images and in order for me to zoom in on spikes, the photo gets blurry. I would appreciate any help I can get and am offering $50 to the first person who can 100% positively photomatch them.

If you are interested in helping me please email me at the following email address: jamesboddicker@gmail.com

Sportskansascity
07-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Here are a couple pics

3arod13
07-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Photo Match Style 1993

3arod13
07-25-2014, 11:32 AM
I will keep searching

Sportskansascity
07-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Tony,

I appreciate the reply. I have seen those photos on getty images and am looking for a match on the "33" written on the spikes or another specific mark on the spikes. Do you have any ideas how to find that?

3arod13
07-25-2014, 11:45 AM
It's going to be difficult to find a really good close up of his cleats.

JDubbs73
07-25-2014, 12:41 PM
I don't know a great deal about Nike spikes, but it appears to me that the two cleats pictured below are from different sets.

In the first side by side, the tongues have different labels (Nike Air v Nike). Is this normal? The inside heel stamps look different too. I suppose they could be the same, but positioned in opposite directions. It's not clear from the photo. Also, the material surrounding each the toes and just below the tongues appear to be different shades of blue. But, I imagine that could simply appear to be off due to the photo.

Lastly, in the second side by side, the N-I-K-E appear to differ ever so slightly. The top (or right) stamp appears to have a distinct cut or line above the I-K-E that I do not see in the bottom (or left) shoe.

Thoughts?

Sportskansascity
07-25-2014, 01:59 PM
I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I heard he had very flat feet and it was hard for him to find cleats comfortable for wearing so I wonder if he would've worn a slightly different spike on one foot than another due to comfort or if these are from 2 different pair. I bought them from reputable mets clubbie during 80's and 90's so I'm certain they're authentic I just would love a photomatch to them to display with the cleats.

sprint23
07-28-2014, 08:23 AM
I was interested in that same auction. The seller was Kirk Radomski (clubhouse assistant known for his participation in a steroid scandal in 2007). I too looked everywhere for a photomatch on that #33 or something similar but could not find one. I found many photos with a simple single lined #33 written on the side in black. I hope you find an example. Good luck.